X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 minutes...

...for a hot dog?!?!

Not really a sucktacular event, but still...

I went to Culvers today for some cheeseburgery goodness (yum!!), when one of the counter girls told the kitchen she needed a hot dog, stat.

Apparently, a drive through customer had not recieved the hot dog they had ordered 27 minutes earlier.

The counter girl ran the freshly made hot dog and a free quart of ice cream and said the customer wasn't upset.

My question for you, friends, is...how long would you patiently wait for a freaking hot dog?
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
    how long would you patiently wait for a freaking hot dog?
    None... I gave up hot dogs after the time I accidentally read the ingredients list. On one brand at least, the *second* ingredient was "Meat (possibly including pork)". They don't even know what animals are in it! Also the first ingredient was something that belongs in a laboratory and not in food.

Comment

The ingredients list of any manufactured food these days is largely unpronouncable. Doesn't make it not good eating.

The "possibly pork" will indicate that the contents are a variety of meat products, which sometimes includes some pork, and sometimes does not. Those with religious affiliations forbidding the consumption of pork should therefore avoid it.

Like "may contain traces of nuts". It's not that they don't know what's in their product, they're just CYA on the things some people try to avoid.

Comment

I stopped eating hot dogs & hamburgers a long time ago. Used to eat one of those things & then for several hours it would "argue" with my stomach...lol. So now I eat a salad every day.
        You would think with me eating healthier that I would get positive feedback but it's surprising how many times people have been harshly critical of my healthier food choices. It's almost as if they're suddenly self conscious of the nasty crap that they eat & me eating the way I do makes them realize that what they're consuming isn't good for them so they get upset with me cause it makes them take a good hard look at themselves & they don't like what they see. So they try to make me conform so they can feel better.

Comment

I'm not big on hot dogs anymore, so I wouldn't wait at all for my cow, chicken or pig anus on a bun.

I'll still eat burgers sometimes, but mostly I order chicken sandwiches at fast food places.

The free quart of ice cream does sound good though...
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

In 27 minutes I can go to the store, grab some kosher franks, go home, make a dodger dog, and eat it.

I ain't waiting 27 minutes for a fastfood hotdog.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

It all depends. I've waited well over 27 minutes in line at Dodger stadium for a Dodger dog before. But would I be that patient at a normal fast food joint? Probably not, and I love me some "Mystery Animal" anus on a bun (otherwise known as Beaks and Assholes). But I'm just not that patient of a person.
              My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                It's almost as if they're suddenly self conscious of the nasty crap that they eat & me eating the way I do makes them realize that what they're consuming isn't good for them so they get upset with me cause it makes them take a good hard look at themselves & they don't like what they see. So they try to make me conform so they can feel better.
                Yes, it's true. It's easier to drag someone else down to your level than to bring yourself up to theirs. (not you specifically, Bright_Star, a generic "you")

People with weight problems get it from both directions. If we eat a cheeseburger, we get scolded for eating fatty food. If we eat a salad, we get mocked for eating rabbit food. If we drive somewhere, we're berated for laziness, and if we work out at the gym, we get laughed at.

Back on topic, 27 minutes is ridiculous for a hot dog. A fancy steak or seafood dinner, perhaps, but not a hot dog. Somebody screwed up, and I don't know if it was the customer or the employees.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I think I would say something after ten minutes. It's a hot dog, not moroccan leg of lamb. Yes, I actually googled "longest cooking time".
                  It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                  -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

*laughs* I beat out that customer, by about 33minutes

it was a drive through in virgina, my cousian, my dad and myself got three sodas, three fries and three hotdogs

the sodas alone took half and hour, and they where in bottles XD

needless to say for that day on we called it the 'slow food restraunt" it was good though

just goes to show how long I will wait for someone
                    http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

I knew Culvers can be slow, but...that much time for a hot dog???

And what flavor ice cream?

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      None... I gave up hot dogs after the time I accidentally read the ingredients list.
                      Summer sausage.

When I eat hot dogs, I don't think of the ingredients. I also cannot stand beef hot dogs.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                        None... I gave up hot dogs after the time I accidentally read the ingredients list. On one brand at least, the *second* ingredient was "Meat (possibly including pork)". They don't even know what animals are in it! Also the first ingredient was something that belongs in a laboratory and not in food.
                        See, this why I eat kosher hot dogs. Sooo tasty, and I can pronounce everything in the ingredients list.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I need to try some kosher food. I am thinking about having a couple of salads a day, every day. Lately I have been eating fast food Ah, when I get paid again, I will start.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

The one time I tried Hebrew National hot dogs, I didn't like them. The texture was too "grainy".

Like I said, I'm not much of a hot dog person. Unless they're barbecue-grilled or cooked over a bonfire. They just taste better that way to me.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

At the cinema it takes around 20 minutes for a hotdog to be heated to regulation selling temperature (>63 C) on our roller grills.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                              X