This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh...thanks?

I really don't know how to classify this one. It began with a collections call yesterday that turned out to be a wrong number. No big deal really, but the "agent" got really pissy about it. Ended the call with something to the effect of "I don't care if it really IS a wrong number. I'm going to keep calling it!"

Today:

Was cleaning house and trying to figure out just why there were so many spoons in my bedroom. No, I don't eat in there, which is why it struck me odd. Must be some kind of black hole or gravitational field I don't know about. While doing this, the phone rings. Without looking at the caller ID, I picked it up.
    R=me (confused)
    L=Lawyer

R: Hello?
    L: Uh yes, Is this the Repsac's family residence?
    R: Yeah...why?
    L: Oh good. I wasn't sure. Did you receive a phone call from <XYZ Collections> yesterday?
    R: Yeah... Uh, what's this about? I told them it was a wrong number.
    L: Oh yes, I'm quite aware of that. I just wanted to speak to you a moment if I could. I'm sorry to bother you.
    R: Ohhhhhhhhkay...
    L: I was informed by <agent's supervisor> that they reviewed the call from yesterday, and that <agent> had been very rude to you. Furthermore, that <agent> had threatened to continue calling you even though he was well aware that the number was wrong. Does this sound about right for what occurred?
    R: Yeah..sounds about right... (still confused.)
    L: Ok. Let me make a few notes... Ok, Mister Repsac, you still with me?
    R: I'm here.
    L: Good. Ok, I want you to note that <agent> will no longer be working with us after this. I'm very sorry for what has occurred and would like to compensate you for this. Could I please have your mailing address?
    R: (wha? Rattles off address.)
    L: Thank you. I'll be sending you a check for three hundred dollars in the mail to compensate you for this as is required by law for my state. I am very sorry that happened and hope you don't think too poorly of us. I expect better of my employees. Please accept the check and use it for whatever you need.
    R: Uh, no, thanks. I understand how things like this could happen.
    L: I'm glad. If you receive any other phone calls in this matter, please contact me right away. I'll gladly help you clear up any difficulties that may arise.

What just happened?
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

They were covering their asses in a fairly nice and polite way
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post

What just happened?
      I don't know, but can it happen to me too? I could sure use an extra $300 right now.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Why don't I get wrong number collections calls like that?

I get the sucky ones who don't believe that it's a wrong number and call back over and over and over. And then hang up if I ask for a supervisor or manager. I am soooo jealous.

$300, though, good on you!

Comment

It's part of a law I have to abide by in my work. I don't remember what the name is or anything like that, but I know that you could have sued that company for lots of monies, so they were "buying you off" so to speak.

I look at it as the need to be nice law. Don't harass people more than once a day and take someone's number off if it's wrong.

Comment

Sweeeet. I love money for nothing! I never heard of that before though, companies sending money for a rude employee. Maybe they were rewarding you because you didn't call and bitch to them?
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Wow.

That's awesome.

*jealous*
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
                I really don't know how to classify this one. It began with a collections call yesterday that turned out to be a wrong number. No big deal really, but the "agent" got really pissy about it. Ended the call with something to the effect of "I don't care if it really IS a wrong number. I'm going to keep calling it!"

L: I'm glad. If you receive any other phone calls in this matter, please contact me right away. I'll gladly help you clear up any difficulties that may arise.

What just happened?
                That is a savvy businessman covering his ass under the FCRA. If that rep who was bullying you continued to contact you and you reported took it to court, that's pretty much an automatic $1000.00 for you and a $10,000.00 fine against the collections agency. Usually including court costs.

So, Mr Lawyer was issuing recompense on a recorded phone call to show that he's really on the up and up and not shady. Costs him less than the court proceedings would.

Comment

That is so frickin awesome! Congrats Respac!

Comment

Hey, can you fix the A/C compressor on my car?

Seriously, that is cool that you get are getting money back.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

SA WEET!

Repsac, you'll have to take us out to dinner. Or buy cheap pizza and beer :P.

I'm glad for you - and it sounds like he was doing the right thing.

Cutenoob
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Drinks on Repsac!!!

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

***** CLUNK ********

that is the sound of my jaw dropping to the floor. A collections company being PROACVTIVE about rude or pushy CSR's?????

MY GODS the world is ready to end and the 4 horsemen are upon us!!!!!

I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Call me cynical, but as much as I'd like to be impressed, I really just think it was a CYA move, to the nth degree.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

That's probable. It's a nice gesture, though.
                              Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
                              "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
                              "The queue is..."

Comment

Working...
                              X