This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    Call me cynical, but as much as I'd like to be impressed, I really just think it was a CYA move, to the nth degree.
    The transcript mentions it was "in compliance with state law" or something like that.
    Basically, the way I read it, the guy had to do it or face even worse penalties, but he at least had the class to be professional about it.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
      Call me cynical, but as much as I'd like to be impressed, I really just think it was a CYA move, to the nth degree.
      Call ME cynical, but why am I suspicious? Why does this sound like some kind of a phishing scam to me??
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Primer and Mae echoed my thoughts too. But then again, I just read one of those 'The FBI are trying to get compensation for victims of Nigerian scams' letters posted on another forum I frequent.

Make sure it's a real cheque before you cash it and good luck! (although you already seem to have some, between this and your Uncle's case being resolved).
        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Hmm - if they're fraudulent, then it sounds like quite a bit of effort to phone one day to be rude, then another to apologise and offer money for the inconvenience and want the address to send the cheque. Many people are listed in the phone book, and there are plenty more addresses to be gleaned all over the place, should someone just need that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
          X