This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that's what it means!

I have a good friend who works at one of the local grocery stores. So I went after work tonght to pick up a couple of things, most importantly being the ingredients for our dinner. So I head to the front after getting everything and her light is off--I begin to veer towards the other line, but she motioned me over.

"You have three things Marty, come on."

As she's ringing me through, another lady gets in line behind me with a cartfull. I look back up at the light; yeah, it's still off. She follows my gaze to the light, and then reaches into her cart to start unloading. So I got my moment.

"I think this line is closed now. You know, the light's off."

I got the stink eye, but my friend got her break.
    Would you like a Stummies?

This doesn't really have much to do with your story but we are never supposed to cash out family or friends. We've been told that if one comes into our lane we are to tell them to move to a different one. That's how much the hellhole Meijer trusts their employees.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Comment

Yeah, it is never a good thing to cash out family or friends. But at the same time, how would they know for sure.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        This doesn't really have much to do with your story but we are never supposed to cash out family or friends. We've been told that if one comes into our lane we are to tell them to move to a different one. That's how much the hellhole Meijer trusts their employees.

I understand family, but how do they tell who your friends are? Do they make you submit a list of your friends and their photos?
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can totally understand why they don't want friends and family cashed out, but until that store changes their policy, well, hell, this poor college student is going to enjoy free food.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            I understand family, but how do they tell who your friends are?
            Exactly. What management doesn't know won't hurt them. Because as long as you're an honest employee, why does it matter if you ring up a friend?
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

It doesn't matter until you start slipping your friends illegal discounts.

Which has been known to happen at my store. At least twice I'm aware of.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X