This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independence Day Imbeciles

Among other things, today must be Sell Your Brain For Exploding Things Day.

I went out to do a few errands today, simply because I'm working 6 days in a row, today I have more time and most places are still open. But I did my penance ahead of time: I worked early this morning.

A couple of love letter and pop quizzes for some stupid people today:

Dear Moron On A Motorcycle:

You are behind me on the entrance ramp to the freeway. Pop quiz! What do you do?

A. Hold your place in line behind me and merge onto the freeway like a normal human being, or

B. While still on the entrance ramp, pass me pretty much on the right shoulder and cut in front of me, forcing me to hit the brakes.

If you chose B, may I remind you that isn't a particularly smart thing to do, especially if you are wearing shorts, sandals and no helmet while riding your motorcycle. The leather clothing many motorcyclists wear is not just for looks--it's to prevent them from becoming ground chuck if they have an accident and fall off their motorcycle.

Just be happy my brakes are in good working order, because I really would've hated to have hit you. I mean, my insurance would've gone up.

Oh, and please see me for your complimentary obscene gesture, which I was unable to give to you since you accelerated like a bat out of hell and started weaving through traffic on the freeway.

Dear Putz in the Wally World Parking Lot:

I am signaling to turn left from the main drag in front of the store into a parking lot aisle. This particular aisle is for traffic moving in both directions. You are standing such that I cannot make my turn into the aisle without driving into the wrong side of the aisle or hitting you; both of which are kinda frowned upon and I don't really want to be scraping your pancreas out of my radiator. It could cause my car to overheat.

I wave with my hand to tell you to walk on through. Pop quiz! Do you:

A: Acknowledge my courteous driving and walk across the street so I can make my turn, or

B: Stare fish-eyed at the big shiny object that is the Freleighmobile and stand there mesmerized with your mouth hanging open as if to say "Duh-urrrr! Am I supposed to do something? What am I supposed to do? Tell me Irv, tell me! What do you want me to do? Duhhhhhhhhh..."while I continue waving you across like a madman and saying "Go ahead! Cross the street!" thus causing passers-by to wonder if I am a recent escapee from the local loony bin or swatting at a bee or talking on a bluetooth phone or something.

If you chose B, well, you know who you are, Mr. Idiot. Please see me for your complimentary kick in the head. Maybe it will jump-start your brain, assuming you have one and it isn't lodged up your backside.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

If you chose B, may I remind you that isn't a particularly smart thing to do, especially if you are wearing shorts, sandals and no helmet while riding your motorcycle. The leather clothing many motorcyclists wear is not just for looks--it's to prevent them from becoming ground chuck if they have an accident and fall off their motorcycle.
    hey, other than I'm pretty sure you're in a different state... I think I saw the exact same biker... tan shorts, short sleeved shirt, flip flops, and no helmet... going over the speed limit and weaving... on the Meadowbrook Expressway between I-15 and Redwood...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

If I see them stopped somewhere I tend to ask them their blood type-if they ask why I tell them I have a friend in need of a liver transplant, and I'm just surveying the apparent donor pool.

As an aside I'm also seeing many bicyclists without helmets as well-even though we had a news story last year where a guy got his head ran over and was perfectly fine due to his bike helmet.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

B. While still on the entrance ramp, pass me pretty much on the right shoulder and cut in front of me, forcing me to hit the brakes. ... Oh, and please see me for your complimentary obscene gesture, which I was unable to give to you since you accelerated like a bat out of hell and started weaving through traffic on the freeway.
        Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        hey, other than I'm pretty sure you're in a different state... I think I saw the exact same biker... tan shorts, short sleeved shirt, flip flops, and no helmet... going over the speed limit and weaving... on the Meadowbrook Expressway between I-15 and Redwood...
        Wow! So that's how fast a bat out of hell travels. I'm impressed.

(I think IPF is in New Jersey, and SE is in Utah.)
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          Should see my town. Those guys are everywhere with their girlfriends who are dressed just as bad.

I simply call them Deathwishers. They have to have a deathwish to be doing that crap without proper gear.
          "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            As an aside I'm also seeing many bicyclists without helmets as well-even though we had a news story last year where a guy got his head ran over and was perfectly fine due to his bike helmet.
            I've started wearing a helmet, since I got a new bike for Christmas, and have had a lucky (as in not deadly) tumble or two on my old bike.
            I was out the other day and saw a couple with no helmets on, I felt like saying 'I used to not wear a helmet, then I took a header over my handle bars... *trail off* Ya know, I used to not wear a helmet, you really should think about it.'
            I actually have gone mostly over my handle bars, but didn't land on my head, and thankfully the cars that were passing each other and me didn't hit me either.

I've also seen idiots riding motorcycles in shorts and t-shirts. Plumber-butt included, no extra charge...
            "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
              I simply call them Deathwishers. They have to have a deathwish to be doing that crap without proper gear.
              I call them Darwin Award Candidates.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                I call them Darwin Award Candidates.
                I say "Look! A donorcycle!" Sometimes also commenting that they've already donated the brain.

Comment

To be frank, that's the biggest reason I've never wanted to get a motorcycle. I'm not silly enough to ride without that gear, but I'd overheat in the stuff.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                    If I see them stopped somewhere I tend to ask them their blood type-if they ask why I tell them I have a friend in need of a liver transplant, and I'm just surveying the apparent donor pool.
                    What do they say to that?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      (I think IPF is in New Jersey, and SE is in Utah.)
                      Actually, IPF is in Wisconsin...but NJ would be a better place if he came to visit.

Riding a motorcycle in flip-flops??!!

My old boss when I was in college used to be a cop in Philadelphia. He would tell us horror stories about motorcycle accidents he'd seen. Like the woman who went sliding across the pavement on her chest...she had no chest left when she stopped (sadly, she did not survive this). Makes me never want to get on a motorcycle.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                        What do they say to that?

They normally just glare at me, or stand there mouth agape unable to respond.
                        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

There were plenty of idiots on the roads over the weekends. Nearly all of them were tourists, none of whom could drive worth a damn. The award for the worst went to some fool from Ontario--he decided to stop in front of me at 60mph because he couldn't figure out what exit he wanted...after which he veered across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic And yes, after I swerved to avoid him, I did give him the Pittsburgh salute. I hate to pick on Canada, but someone that stupid, no matter where they come from, deserves it. Learn to drive, or stay the hell home.
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The guy I am dating now, before he took me on his crotchrocket for the first time, he said "Wear closed toed shoes that will NOT fall off, regular pants, and preferably a shirt with sleeves."

Unfortunately I didn't think of wearing a shirt that didn't ride up....naturally, at every stop sign or red light, I was pulling my shirt down and if we went too long without stopping, everyone behind us got a nice view of my ass crack.
                            Last edited by blas; 07-07-2008, 01:16 AM.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My cousin once picked me up from the station with his bike. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt, but I had the helmet - the fine for riding a bike without helmet around here is quite heavy, but still cheaper than surgery. Besides, both my cousins and their father are motorcycle enthusiast, so I knew they wouldn't let me - or anybody - ride on their bike without a helmet.

And while nothing "bad" happened to me during that ride, I know another good reason to wear pants if you're gonna ride a bike, especially as a passenger : exhausts are HOT. I accidentally touched one of those with the lower part of my leg. Not long enough to do some serious damage, but it left me a bright red mark which only vanished a few days later.
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                              X