This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Samaliel View Post
    Funniest games ever, though they might not be published abroad : Democrazy, Cash'n'Guns.
    Speaking of funny games, the most outrageous game I have is Fleece the Flock. It is Monopoly-type game featuring TV evangelists.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
      As for Shadowrun, I love the setting, but never actually had the chance to play the game, so I couldn't tell. Some friends told me they liked the Cyberpunk or Fuzion system better.
      I admit, my local group is very biased toward the Fuzion system. We play a lot of Mekton Zeta, Cyberpunk, and hybrid games using the Fuzion system for character building. We just really like the customization, especially if you modify the starting character skill point allotment a little bit. You can get the Mechajock who is also a classical pianist, or the mechanic who can put the beatdown on someone with his wrench. I'm also trying to wean them on BESM D20, which has a HUGE amound of variety, but requires a strong GM to keep things under control. I'm thinking of running a TORG- or Sliders-style game with it.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've never played Shadowrun or anything other than basic D&D, Eberron & Vampire (the original). *le sigh* I must be a boring gamer.

I love Apples to Apples. It makes a great drinking game (though I have absolutely no knowledge of that. )

Now I want to find some gamers who don't mind a 5-year-old who wants to roll everyone's die, and where I have to get up every few minutes to avert a "crisis". Too hard, I know, but it's a fantasy of mine. LOL

Now, I'm going to go into the closet under my stairs and try to find my Candy Land game.

Comment

I played Call Of Cthulhu: Arkham Horror with some friends and I've been meaning to try to play again sometime. It's a long game but I prefer those if I'm going to play a game with others instead of video games.
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
            Face it..

Tabletop games are a dying breed.
            LIES! *hiss*

I love boardgames and Pen and Paper games. They rock hardcore. Besides, you can't play electronic games when the power goes out.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

EQ - You're right! What do these people who only play computer games do when the power goes out - either in the middle of the day or early evening? do they stare blankly at their computer/tv/electronic thingee and pretend to play?

I've been told I'm pretty amazing 'cos get this: I can play solitaire off the computer, using real cards! Yeah, I know, and my fave version of solitaire is actually Clock Solitaire.
              Last edited by CaroPhoenix; 07-09-2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: Edited 'cos I can't spell. :(

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                My husband has the original Shadowrun books. He also has some other rpgs that are no longer being made (and probably only last 6 months to a year to begin with. Anyone remember the Pendragon/King Arthur RPG?)

I was thinking about getting back into Vampire, but I was just recently told that Malkavians are no longer a race you can be. They're now Malkovians and are an offshoot of the Ventrue clan.
                Pendragon is still being made. It went from being in the Chaosium line to being printed under an independent company (Green Knight) and has finally found sanctuary under the Arthaus label of White Wolf. Your latest edition is available there. I think Mongoose Games is also doing a reprint, but I'm unsure.

Also, the differences between OWOD and WOD2 are so strikingly different that they are really entirely different games. If you want your old-school Malkavian, purchase the PDF products for OWOD from drivethrurpg.com.

Comment

EQ - You're right! What do these people who only play computer games do when the power goes out - either in the middle of the day or early evening? do they stare blankly at their computer/tv/electronic thingee and pretend to play?

I've been told I'm pretty amazing 'cos get this: I can play solitaire off the computer, using real cards! Yeah, I know, and my fave version of solitaire is actually Clock Solitaire.
                  Clock Solitaire is cool! It's my favourite and if it ever winds up being a computer game, I'll cry!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I've never heard of Clock Solitaire...would somebody be willing to share how to play?

And I don't mind the 5yo with the dice. Have two younger brothers. Just had to teach them. That's where our crises came in ^^ But I think most kids just laze around and complain about being bored when the powers out.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I grew up playing board games and running around playing pretend with my friends. My parents wouldn't buy me a video game system and we didn't get a computer until I was around nine - At which point, the closest thing to a game that we ran on it was a graphics program that could built the exteriors of buildings from medieval to modern.

I didn't play a video game until I was about 16, didn't get hooked on one for another year, and now that I play D&D I think my grand collection of three video games is gathering dust. <_<; Mind you, so are my board games, but that's the fault of the D&D as well - I'm too damn focused on characters and such to even look at my board games.

Clock Solitaire sounds interesting. I'm a fan of Spider Solitaire myself.

Comment

Clock Solitaire (I'm not good at describing things so I hope EQ helps me out and clarifies if my explanation is too confusing):

You make 13 piles of cards. 12 are in a circle mimicking the numbers on a clock and then 13th pile is in the middle (where the clock hands would be. Each pile should have 4 cards in each with the top card being visible. Then starting with either the 12 or 1 position, you start putting cards in the correct piles. (For those wondering, the 1 o'clock card is the ace card, 2 o'clock is the 2 card, etc. until 11 and 12 o'clock cards which would be the Jack & Queen respectfully. The King goes in the middle at the clock hands position). Starting at whatever point you want, you pick the card off the pile (if it's not the correct card) and place it on the correct pile. Example: a 6 card is on the 1 o'clock pile, you take the 6 put it face up under the rest of the cards on that pile & take the top card of the 6 pile and move it (if it needs to be). At the 1 o'clock pile, the next card would then become the face up card. Be careful not to get 4 Kings before you get 4 of each of the other clock numbers. 4 Kings first and you lose.

And EQ - I'd cry too if they turned Clock Solitaire into a computer game. I love sitting at the gaming store & playing it and have people come by and look confused at what I'm playing.

Comment

ok, i have to post about a table-top game calles "Zombies". instead of a solid board, you draw tiles to build the map as you go, and the entire goal of the game is to find your way to a helicopeter pad while gathering supplies and trying to kill off zombies.
                          the epic-ness comes from: with all the expansion packs, we have to borrow my dad's barn and play it on the floor (or a butload of tables) just to get them all out.
                          soon they will be coming out with "Humans!", same style of game, but you get to play as the zombies.
                          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I've seen Clock Solitaire then! It was in a Yu-Gi-Oh issue. And before I get stranger looks, I'm just going to say I like the manga. The fact that the anime focused exclusively on the card game was kinda awful. He went through some neat challenges in the original version.
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

The ass man, L, at the Gaming Store (TM) has bought like the 7th edition of Zombies. He's also into HorrorClix. I've never played either. Hubs did play Arkham Horror the board game, and now he wants his own copy, so when it comes into the Gaming Store TM, I am on orders to pick it up.

Comment

Clock Solitaire (I'm not good at describing things so I hope EQ helps me out and clarifies if my explanation is too confusing):

You make 13 piles of cards. 12 are in a circle mimicking the numbers on a clock and then 13th pile is in the middle (where the clock hands would be. Each pile should have 4 cards in each with the top card being visible. Then starting with either the 12 or 1 position, you start putting cards in the correct piles. (For those wondering, the 1 o'clock card is the ace card, 2 o'clock is the 2 card, etc. until 11 and 12 o'clock cards which would be the Jack & Queen respectfully. The King goes in the middle at the clock hands position). Starting at whatever point you want, you pick the card off the pile (if it's not the correct card) and place it on the correct pile. Example: a 6 card is on the 1 o'clock pile, you take the 6 put it face up under the rest of the cards on that pile & take the top card of the 6 pile and move it (if it needs to be). At the 1 o'clock pile, the next card would then become the face up card. Be careful not to get 4 Kings before you get 4 of each of the other clock numbers. 4 Kings first and you lose.

And EQ - I'd cry too if they turned Clock Solitaire into a computer game. I love sitting at the gaming store & playing it and have people come by and look confused at what I'm playing.
                                Actually, you did a beautiful job describing the game.

"Zombies!" Sounds similar to "Betrayal at the House on the Hill", but you're trying to get to the basement that has this magical device that supposed to do something. Once you get it, you win the game and your co-players all die horrible deaths.

Well... I added that last part myself....

Comment

Working...
                                X