This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Is there snow predicted??

This is just a rant so I'll keep it short.

I work really long shifts on Fri-Sat and Sun, and am off Monday thru Thursdays. I try to get my grocery shopping done early on Monday morning, along with my other errands, and laundry, etc.

I went to my local Kroger at about 9am. The parking lot was really full, which was odd, but I went in anyway. I started down the aisles and noticed SO many freaking people there. It was insane. It was like being in a WalMart on a Saturday afternoon. To make matters worse, the store apparently had some type of outside company doing inventory or something and they were blocking the aisles and only grudgingly moved when a customer needed an item that they were counting.

Now I ask you, WHY would this be done in the middle of the day and not at night?

I got through about half the store and decided I'd had enough. By this time, the intercom was blaring repeatedly, asking clerks to come up front to help.

This is rarely a fortuitous sign.

I got up front and there were 6 cashiers open by this time and there were about 5-6 people in each line.

On.a.monday.morning.

I asked the lady behind me if there was snow predicted or something. She and I laughed and said she was wondering wth was going on too.

For the life of me I cant figure it out. There are reasons I go to the grocery at off-peak times. I hate crowds and I was all stressed out and sucky by the time I left.

Gah!!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

*stares and twitches*

So weird.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I think it must be a Kroger thing in general, because the store which I go to has been like that (except for the inventory thing) almost every time I go in after getting off work at the library, and this is around 9 at night.

Comment

yeah, the Smith's (Kroger) in West Valley City that I stop at on the way home from work is starting to get really busy too... at 10:30 at night on a monday... maybe it's just mondays...
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The Smiths downtown I used to go to was ALWAYS at max capacity, it seemed... the one by now house now is almost empty... it's a nice transition to not be bumping into everyone when trying to get food.
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

The Smith's I always went to in NM was usually empty. Even when I worked there. But the Krogers here in TX? Almost always full.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We do our inventory during the day, too. No idea why. In fact, inventory is next week, luckily I'm on vacation. (Which I so desperately need, I'm this close to walking out, for the sake of my sanity.)
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                We do our inventory during the day, too. No idea why. In fact, inventory is next week, luckily I'm on vacation. (Which I so desperately need, I'm this close to walking out, for the sake of my sanity.)
                oh, can I join you in walking out for sanity... granted part of this is self inflicted (i'm working overtime to save up for when I quit)
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

On Monday and Tuesday we usually get the local assisted living places buses that visit. This makes it seem busier that it really is in the front end because for some reason about half of the people will only had 1 item to the cashier, have them scan it, decide on the next item they want rung up, scan it, and repeat. That at the end of that they will realize they must find their check book, usually they will not let the cashier use the automatic check writing machine. A transaction that should take a minute or two will then take 4 or more minutes.

Comment

Yes.

Sorry, just thought I'd chime in with yes, on this side of the planet, snow actually IS forecast.

And yet we can shop comfortably.

Comment

Working...
                    X