This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would u sit there?!

So, Im walking through Barnes and Noble, drinking some yummy starbucks when I came across something that pissed me off to no end. Now, they have the very tall bookshelves that show u the cover instead of the spine and often stack books at the bottom, these are the bargain books.

As I swing around the first bargain shelf I come across not one but two tards sitting on the books!!They were sitting on BOOKS that other people may want to buy, and they were less than 20 feet from the cafe seating area.

I was half tempted to ask them to move and pretend to be interested in the books they smeared their asses on, just so that they'd get up... I dont know. I guess I couldve went to an employee and informed them but my husband thinks I was overreacting..

Any bibliophiles want to chime in on this?

Uh, they were what?

A swift application of foot covering to the rear was called for there, definately let staff know.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...butt books.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You're too late Becky, that's already a magazine.

http://www.248am.com/mark/magazines/butt-book/

Link appears to be safe for work...no naughty bits showing. Its just a short review.
        Last edited by zzapp the witch; 07-08-2008, 11:25 PM.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

*shudders*

I'm like KaySquirrel...my books and my bags don't get along. So only time books get sat on is if I really really want to fix the cover. But deliberately sitting on a stack of books for no real purpose? No way.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

What are you expecting ? If they're to lazy to walk 5m, obviously they are the type that will seat their lazy butt anywhere they can.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              You're too late Becky, that's already a magazine.

http://www.248am.com/mark/magazines/butt-book/
              Learn something new every day.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Excuse me, but does that relly look like a chair to you?" Was a common phrase back when I went to B&N a lot.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I would of probably said something snarky and then informed a staff number. Seriously WTF is wrong with people!

Comment

I wish I had said something....I was in shock that people even thought that to be an option and my hubby said I was just overreacting...lol. Next time Im not listening to him, you wouldnt believe how often he's wrong..

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post

The thing is, though.. I wouldn't have said anything to the kids sitting on the books.

Thats just it, they WERENT kids....at least, Ive never seen a 15 year old with a shiny forehead due to receeding hairline/bald head and handlebar moustache...

Comment

Working...
                      X