This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Lady

So, on the bus on the way home, when this lady yells to stop. She's getting off. Its a little full on the bus, and a guy in the piotery seating offered her his seat.

Boy did that set her off. She doesn't need charity. She going to work. She makes tons and tons and tons and tons of money that she doesnt even know what to do with it. The guy kinda just nodded. "Yeah, I wish I had your job then..."

Lady: "No you don't. Your not edcated enough. You need a degree. I'm a supervisor! I have a degree! You don't!"

She finally storms off the bus to her a job.

A McDonalds.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Hehe. Our MOD manager is probably the biggest snob you could ever meet....she refuses to make eye contact with the peeons.....and get this......before she was a super big hot shot at the factory built out of duct tape and bullshit.....she was a manager at McDonalds and KMart. I'm still trying to figure out why she thinks she can act like she's better than everyone.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

How would she know ? Is it written on his face, that he doesn't have a dregree ? And even though, how does not having a degree prevent him from wishing he had her job ? Maybe she has a degree, but she seems to have epicly failed Semantics in her English class.
      "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        She makes tons and tons and tons and tons of money that she doesnt even know what to do with it.
        Oh, I don't know.

Get a car.

Hire a limo service.

Horse and buggy?

Give ME the money?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Did the entire bus burst out laughing?

Comment

hmph; for all her money, prestige and power, she still couldn't buy the one thing she truly needs:

class.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

you know, some McDonalds managers are paid pretty well... for fast food... but seriously lady, if you have a degree it can't be in something useful if you're working at a McDonalds...
              yeah, I think she may have been a few fries short of a happy meal *ducks*
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I know for a fact high school kids who are McDonalds managers make more than operators at the factory.

I am not bitter......
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

if you have a degree it can't be in something useful if you're working at a McDonalds...
                  She went to Hamburger University! A very useful degree, for a McDonald's manager.
                  "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                    No, no.. You hire a limo service for the horse, so he doesn't have to haul that heavy buggy around anymore!
                    Silly me.

I don't know what I was thinking.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      How would she know ? Is it written on his face, that he doesn't have a dregree ? And even though, how does not having a degree prevent him from wishing he had her job ? Maybe she has a degree, but she seems to have epicly failed Semantics in her English class.
                      Indeed. I've seen people who make in the 6-figure range dressed up like street bums before, just because they don't give a flying about what other people think.

Of course they're also tenured professors, or the type best described as "Eccentric Geniuses", not the typical high-pressure, suit-and-tie, fit-the-corporate-mold jackasses you get in retail/fast-food corporate, so maybe that's all she has experience with?
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

One of the professors here is (like most of them) a bit eccentric. For example, today he was wearing a "Death Star Technical Support" t-shirt.

He used to have crazy, long, frizzy hair and he sports a long-ish beard. He recently got his hair cut, and he said the barber said, "You're either a college professor or in Information Technology, right?" He laughed and said, "Both!"
                        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                          One of the professors here is (like most of them) a bit eccentric. For example, today he was wearing a "Death Star Technical Support" t-shirt.

He used to have crazy, long, frizzy hair and he sports a long-ish beard. He recently got his hair cut, and he said the barber said, "You're either a college professor or in Information Technology, right?" He laughed and said, "Both!"
                          You'd probably get a kick out of my history professor at community college. He was a character, all right.

Here's a few quotes from him as best I remember them (it's been several years):
                          • "If you weren't a Puritan in the time Puritans ran things, you went to bed every night and said to yourself 'God dammit, life sucks!'"
                          • "How many of you idiots couldn't figure out which state was named for William Penn? Dammit, I thought we were at least pretending to be in college here!"(One of the first tests he gave in class was a geography test where you had to identify certain historical places).
                          • "What do I have to do to get some of you to remember this stuff? Tattoo it on my ass and moon you?!"
                          • "God dammit, these essays were pathetic! If you can't write a decent essay in college you might as well go put on your vest and work at Wal-Mart! Anybody in here work at Wal-Mart? (a few hands go up) Oh. Because I've been to Wal-Mart, and let me tell you, it isn't very intellectual!"
                          • "And then the Indians were all like. "Shit, no, we are not letting those assholes back in here!"
                          • "Oh God dammit, what is it now? Can it wait until after the lecture?" (Said to a certain student who liked to appear smart by asking questions about material already covered. He'd asked about 6 questions during the period and the professor was trying to make up for time lost earlier in the semester)

WARNING: SPECTACULAR FAIL UPCOMING

In my class there were these two cock-juggling bar sluts who were always talking and giggling between themselves during lectures. During this particular lecture professor was discussing the Revolutionary War and decided to catch them off guard.

Professor: So cock-juggling bar slut, what did the colonists do next?
                          CJBS: Ummm...they gave up?
                          P: Huh? Did I hear you correctly? Did you say the colonists gave up?
                          CJBS: Yeah, they did.
                          P: Really. The colonists just threw in the towel, is what you're saying, right?
                          CJBS: Well yeah. They didn't have enough troops.
                          P: (steps back, shakes head) Kids, stay in school! Don't be like this bimbo here, just stay in school!

He retired very recently. I sincerely regret I did not attend his last lecture.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, he sounds like my kind of guy. Maybe you should find him for me for a welcome back to WI gift.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X