X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaring the kids

Dumb/irritating rather than sucky.

I was in the video store the other day and had been standing in front of the rack that had the movie "Chapter 27" on it. I had taken a look at it ealier and realized, from the line of the front of the box, that it was about the guy who killed Lennon. As I'm about to walk away some guy reaches right past me (just about around me) and grabs the movie.

Whatever. I go ahead continue on. As I'm walking away, I hear him telling his little children about how the movie is a true story about Jeffrey Dahmer, a killer who would kill and eat his victims. He wasn't talking about it in an informative sort of way. It was a deliberate, 'I'm going to tell you sick things to creep you out and scare you because it's funny' way.

First off, how the hell did he get that? I had never heard of the movie, didn't know the name of the guy who killed Lennon, and managed to figure out what it was about from one sentence on the cover. Second off, while I get not trying to shield your kids and such, there's a difference between that and almost sounding like you're trying to scared the shit out of the kids.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

uh... that guy is wrong. Mark David Chapman killed John Lennon, not Jeffrey Dahmer. Dahmer killed young men (teenagers, mostly).
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Ah...JD.

I almost remember some of the jokes going around at the time.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Dahmer! Party of 50!"
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          uh... that guy is wrong. Mark David Chapman killed John Lennon, not Jeffrey Dahmer. Dahmer killed young men (teenagers, mostly).
          Yeah. Sad what happens when an asshole of a parent shoves someone so far in the closet they're forced to crawl out the air-vent.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
          X