This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks For Laughing At Me

Last Friday I stopped at McDonalds for lunch.

I have to open my door to order and pay, because I went Hulk on my car last winter when the window was frozen shut. I'm going to get it fixed as soon as I find someone who can help me.......Dad is too lazy and brother is too busy.

Anyway, there was a Yukon in the other drive thru lane full of guys who were probably the same age as me. They were laughing and pointing at me.

They got to pull ahead before me. When they were waiting for their food and I was behind them at the first window paying, they all turned around and stared as I opened my door and handed the lady my card.

First I thought they were laughing at my outfit...my hair was in the messiest ponytail/bun/whatever you can imagine, and I was wearing a man's undershirt. But it became apparent they were laughing at my car...and I don't know why I took it so personally, but I got pissed.

So listen here, Richie Rich and friends. When one of the tires on your precious Yukon (that your parents bought for you, most likely) blows out and you need help, I'm just going to drive past you and point and laugh while you have to wait for your Richie Rich daddy to come help you. Don't laugh at me because I'm not a lucky little rich kid with a nice ride like you and your friends.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

You should be too big to even notice "people" like that. How tiny is their world, anyways? Wow.

My window doesn't roll down, either, there's a short in the electricals. Well, it rolls down fine, it just won't roll back up. Especially if it's raining. I really don't know that anyone's laughed at me (other than friends in the car, anyways).

Comment

Once again reinforcing the age old adage small minds are easily amused.

Comment

Score one for car doors that don't open from the inside!
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Chanlin View Post
          Once again reinforcing the age old adage small minds are easily amused.
          So are those enlightened enough to value the small as well as the grand.

The telling difference is that the 'enlightened' easily amused aren't jerks.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a small truck that had been fixed up like a monster truck, way oversized wheels and tires -- guy must have needed a ladder to climb into the thing -- with a flat, on an uphill grade.

The truck kept sort of leaning toward the flat, while the driver was trying to maneuver onto the shoulder. Of course, there was no way there could have been a spare stored anywhere on that truck. That must have been one long, hot day for the driver.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X