Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ran into a "special" lady at the grocery store...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran into a "special" lady at the grocery store...

Okay, so last night, we've done our quickie grocery trip, and before we leave, I decide I want some roasted chickeny goodness for dinner (first, it's that time, so I don't feel like cooking, second, I'm tired... so I REALLY don't feel like cooking). I approach the hot foods counter, and witness suck in the making. A very tall, very thin (this becomes important later) black lady is berating the kid behind the counter, who doesn't even look old enough to shave.

I notice there are no roasted chickens out in the warmer Bummer. I'm a bit disappointed, but apparently nowhere near how disappointed THIS woman was. I walk up and hear/participate in the following conversation:

SW: What?? HOw can you not have any chickens done? IT'S FIVE THIRTY!!!!
    kid: Well, I just got on shift, ma'am, but I'll see what I can do...
    SW: That's hardly an excuse, is it? How could you possibly be so disorganized? It's the DINNER RUSH, and you have no hot food out?
    Me: (somewhat quietly) It's not HIS fault, lady...
    SW: (rounding on me) WHAT? I don't care WHOSE fault it is, There should have been chickens ready half an hour ago, and THIS KID didn't get them done...

Now walking up, I was literally watching the kid put on his apron and hat - he JUST got there. Kid, in fact, is now struck dumb by the drama unfolding in front of him LOL

Me: Well, it's hardly fair to blame him for something the previous shift did. Why don't you just go talk to the manager if you're that upset about it?
    SW: (at this point, she's YELLING over me) What the hell business is it of yours anyway? Mind your own goddamn business, I'll speak to him however I please!
    Me: Well, I'm just saying, it would be a lot more effective to speak to the manager than to yell at the counter staff as if they were five years old.

At this point I walked away, chickenless, and just wanting to leave the store. I was nearly BLIND with rage and stress - I really HATE confrontation, but I will not stand by and watch store staff be abused when they can't defend themselves without fearing for their jobs either. Crossed the store to the cash register, paid for my purchases and started pushing my cart away.....

Who comes up behind me? Yup. SW! She says in a really sweet tone, "I just wanted to thank you for your advice. I spoke to the manager, and he was most helpful."

Her parting shot?

"You're really fat. You might want to consider losing some weight."

How mature. How utterly grown-up and fair-minded of you. I pissed you off, so you STALKED ME to my cash, waited until I was done, and then FOLLOWED me just so you could half-whisper an insult at me that really doesn't insult me in the slightest. I know that you've never been an ounce overweight in your life... the thing is, lady, I *know* I'm fat.... you're obviously COMPLETELY in the dark about being a bitch

(only thing that really pissed me off about this encounter is that my ex is standing there - he and I do our groceries together, and can't believe I've had the nerve to engage a stranger in conversation - if he'd had his druthers, I'd have minded my own damn business and left the counter guy to be roasted by the banshee instead)
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

I should go shopping with you. I'm not afraid of confronting an entitlement whore. To bad I haven't foudn any yet!

Give me time...
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I never seem to run into these freaks! I guess I'm just lucky.

So did you respond to her pathetic playground insult, or laugh in her face and leave?
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I just said "Very mature", grabbed my two children by the hand, and left the store. No point in escalating what was obviously a pissing match with her
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

"Yeah, well you're a bitch. You might want to consider losing some...bitch."

I dunno.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

"I can always loose my weight. You, however, will always be a bitch."

Comment

I had an altercation with this woman once while shopping; she tried to barge in front of me in the queue and I wouldn't let her. She called me fat. My reply? "Well, you're ugly." XD Immature, I know, but it worked. She just stood there doing an impression of a fish out of water as I turned my back on her.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Why do people think that being immature and name calling is going to make them feel better? It makes most people look lame.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I know this isn't exact but it so fits the post...

Dr House: I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is we knows whats wrong and I can cure your friend there. The bad news is we won't be able to cure you.

Woman: What?!? but there's nothing wrong with me?

Dr House: Well, you're not sick, but there really is no cure for being an absolute bitch.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    "Yeah, well you're a bitch. You might want to consider losing some...bitch."

I dunno.
                    no no no "Yeah, well your a bitch. You might want to concider some etiguete classes or maybe a bullet to the brain. You know what ever you think is best. Bitch"

Comment

Well, ma'am, you're a bitch. I can lose the weight. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done for you.
                      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

"I'm fat?! *look down* Holy f*** you're right! Where the hell did that come from?!"
                        "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post

The smilie you chose here warms my heart.

I love to see people recognize nastiness for what it is: The childish and laughable attempts of a small person trying to make themselves feel bigger.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                            "...seriously? That's the best you can come up with? I'm fat? No shit, really? You know, I wasn't aware of it until you came along and pointed that out. Seriously, no, man, what are you, some kinda brain surgeon? Holy shit, you're smart and you notice all kinds of tiny little details. Wow. Let me guess, is my hair also red? Are my eyes gray? Am I wearing a wrestling T-shirt? Any other little pearls of fucking amazement you want to dazzle me with? Holy crap, you're a lifesaver. You should volunteer with the Army. They could use someone like you to point these things out for them. I mean, how else are these guys going to figure out what that bunch of dynamite in the middle of the street wrapped in duct tape could be? Holy cow, you're so observant..."

I find no reason to go with a clean little jab when complete and total overkill will suffice.
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                              ::cut because such pure kickassness can only be viewed once without your head exploding::

I find no reason to go with a clean little jab when complete and total overkill will suffice.

Mysty, have I ever mentioned how much I love you?
                              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Working...
                              X