This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iffy employee and sorta SC...

I stopped at Wawa to get some cash from the ATM, since I literally spent my last $9 on dinner last night. So, of course, I only had $20 bills. I bought a chocolate milk, which was $1.something. I pull out one of my $20s and the cashier says, in a slightly annoyed voice, "You don't have anything smaller than a twenty?" This is not the first time this has happened with this particular cashier. I have never had any other employee at that Wawa say anything when I use a twenty for a small purchase. And she had more than enough change in the drawer, too. I can understand if she didn't have enough change and asked if I had anything smaller before getting the manager for change, but she says it before she even enters the payment into the register. And it was mid-afternoon; not like they just opened.

The sorta-SC was me . I went to the grocery store and did my shopping, and while I was there I sent Ex a text asking how Pablo was doing since I hadn't heard from him since I took him home a few weeks ago. He wrote back, "Fine...please call me at work before 9 tonight" which made me wonder if something was wrong. So, while I was waiting on line (Sunday afternoon at the grocery store, I figured I had a little bit of time), I called him. It was good news, for the most part (**see below if interested). I wasn't expecting the conversation we had, so of course I was still on the phone while the cashier was ringing me up. However, I did acknowledge him, and pay attention and respond when he talked to me, and bagged most of my groceries myself and loaded my cart. So I was being one of those people I always hate, but I wasn't as bad as some I've had to deal with. At least I was aware of what I was doing and trying to be as un-rude as I could.

**(Today is his last day at work. He's being transfered to a new store, that will be a high-profile store and will be very good for him, career-wise; bad news is it's too far to commute so he needs to move. They're helping him out somewhat, and have arranged for him to stay at another manager's house, who will be on vacation, for the store opening next month, and also will be paying his first month's rent when he finds a place, but he can't take the dog with him for the opening, and was wondering if I'd be able to take him again, possibly for a few weeks. I'm happy to do it, but I can't keep him at my apartment, which means we'll have to stay with my parents, so I'll have to discuss with them first.)
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM. Reason: clarification
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I dont think it was that SC. You were paying the cashier attention..

I had the same thing happen...right as I walked into a store to grab something quick, a friend I hadnt heard from in a while calls my cell...and I ended up talking through the entire transaction. I wasnt oblivious to her and did respond and say thank you and etc. I did feel guilty though...couldnt help it. This website has put the fear of the SC God into me..

Comment

This website has put the fear of the SC God into me..
      You're not the only one . Every so often someone posts a thread with a title along the lines of "Was I an SC?" Nine times out of ten, the consensus is, No, not really.

Yeah, I was trying not to be totally rude. I was 3rd on line and the guy in front of me had a full cart, and the person in front of him was halfway through their full cart, so I figured I had a few minutes. Since Ex was at work I didn't expect him to be able to stay on the phone more than a few minutes; I thought the call would be quicker. Oh well.
      Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-13-2008, 11:38 PM. Reason: :b
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
        This website has put the fear of the SC God into me..
        It has me also. I do not want to mentioned about on this website.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Why is paying with a $20 being even close to an SC? If this is a hassle, stores need to GET A CLUE and get more change. Because, the ATM only gives out $20s (normally) and that's what I'm going to pay with.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Uh...what's a WaWa?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              You're not the only one . Every so often someone posts a thread with a title along the lines of "Was I an SC?" Nine times out of ten, the consensus is, No, not really.
              Hmmm, an excellent point. Much like deciding if you're crazy: If you wonder if you're insane, you're not. Crazys always think they are the sane ones. So, real SCs don't think they are ever out of line in the way they act.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Uh...what's a WaWa?
                It's a convenience store, but i'm not sure how widespread it is. I know we have it here in Jersey and they have it in Maryland too.
                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
                  It's a convenience store, but i'm not sure how widespread it is. I know we have it here in Jersey and they have it in Maryland too.
                  When I drove to see my friend in Virginia, I stopped at a WaWa. I giggled like a little girl.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Uh...what's a WaWa?
                    Wawa is a gas station and convience store in the US mid-Atlantic states: Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      Wawa is a gas station and convience store in the US mid-Atlantic states: Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
                      They are also 5000 times better than Sheetz.

Comment

Working...
                      X