This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I paid for this, not that.

Few years ago I went to the taco bell in the mall food court. There was a cardboard thingy showing a picture of a Nacho Supreme with extra meat at a sale price.
    I ordered it and when I got it I almost laughed. The Nacho I got had barely any meat on it let alone extra meat. So in my nicest voice I said thats not what I ordered and then held up the sign and said, this is what I ordered. The young employee was unsure of what I meant. I explained I wanted the extra meat. She kept saying thats what I got.
    I asked for the manager, since it was not anyones fault really and the girl was nice. So to the manager I held up the sign, pointed at the picture and said this is what I paid for and this, the nacho supreme on the tray, it not. The manager just kept repeating thats what I got.
    This went on about 2-3 mins, my friend was telling me to forget about it, but damn I paid for extra meat and barely got a regular amount. After a bit the manager must have figured, just throw some meat on it and she will go away.

I know it was silly to make a big deal about it but I really wanted what the sign showed, some extra freaken meat.
    Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

I have to say, I don't eat at Taco Bell for just that reason. I swear I've had lettuce tacos before.

Nevermind the theory that they're built next to places with high roadkill volumes for a reason...
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Oh how I hate that type of false advertising. Just make me what it shows on the picture. If it shows meat, then dammit - I want meat on it(oh shut the hell up your gutterminded folks). Do not display it as this way, if it is not going to be like that.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I agree. I don't think it's SC behavior at all to expect the product to look like its picture.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I really hate playing Devil's Advocate, but I'm going to anyway... most of the advertising companies, when making the signs and such, will go to great lengths to bump up their foods, like using undercooked beef to make it look larger, or the glue instead of milk trick. most of the time, it's not even feasible to make the real food look as presentable as they do in the pictures...

That being said, with the nachos, when I worked there, it was 1 seperator tool full for the little nacho, 2 for the large, and I don't believe it's changed (though it may have, I dunno)... (seperator tool's about 10cm long, 2cm wide)
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Gotta join the chorus here. It's perfectly reasonable to calmly insist on getting what you paid for.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

And that's why I don't buy from Nandos anymore (chicken outlet). They charge R35 for a wrap. The stiff cardboard cover of the wrap is about a foot long, but when you open it, there is a limp, soggy, sad little wrap that is about 8 inches. The first 3 inches is just the wrap dough, and then you get some wilted lettuce and 6 anorexic lumps of chicken.
              I complained to corporate about it, they said they will not change the recipe. So I say, change the price then, coz it is NOT worth 35 bucks. No, they won't do that either. So now my family and friends and I are boycotting them.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                Nevermind the theory that they're built next to places with high roadkill volumes for a reason...
                Um, Ours is right accross from Wright State University.

Mmmm, Co-ed Grilled Stuft
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                  I agree. I don't think it's SC behavior at all to expect the product to look like its picture.
                  I'm actually agreeing with Fenrus on this one (you can't expect it to look exactly like the picture and still get a healthy edible product. It SHOULD look rather tasty when you get it though), although I totally see what you mean. If they advertise extra meat, you better NOTICE the extra meat. It's rude for them to not realize what the problem is...

Although, it's also important for you to clearly indicate exactly what the problem is, and how you would prefer to have it fixed: "I ordered this item because it has extra meat, and the product I received doesn't have a lot of meat at all---I would appreciate it if you would add additional meat to this taco."

I don't like Taco Bell except for the store on campus. Any time there is a problem with my order, I have a really hard time making them understand me.
                  If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Balgram View Post
                    Although, it's also important for you to clearly indicate exactly what the problem is, and how you would prefer to have it fixed: "I ordered this item because it has extra meat, and the product I received doesn't have a lot of meat at all---I would appreciate it if you would add additional meat to this taco."

I don't like Taco Bell except for the store on campus. Any time there is a problem with my order, I have a really hard time making them understand me.
                    The discussion with the employee and manager went on for about 2-3 mins. At no point was I rude or mean. I asked nicely quite a few times. I explained it pretty close to how you suggested, the problem was that they just kept saying you got extra meat in your nacho supreme. I would then point again to the photo.

Normally I dont let stuff like that bother me but if you could have seen these nachos. It barely had any ground beef on it. After going at it awhile they gave me more ground beef.
                    Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth Miyon View Post
                      The discussion with the employee and manager went on for about 2-3 mins. At no point was I rude or mean. I asked nicely quite a few times. I explained it pretty close to how you suggested, the problem was that they just kept saying you got extra meat in your nacho supreme. I would then point again to the photo.

Normally I dont let stuff like that bother me but if you could have seen these nachos. It barely had any ground beef on it. After going at it awhile they gave me more ground beef.
                      Taco Bell is notorious for being skimpy on chicken instead of beef around here. If the meal said extra beef, you'd get it. Extra chicken? OK. "Extra" is like regular and regular is skimpy.

Chinese restaurants are even worse. They give you a mile high worth or rice and veggies, but the meat doesn't compare. It's decent but you always get stacks of the "healthier" sides. If you want extra meat at these places, even in a small carry out box, it costs almost as much as the meal you just bought. These people are insane.

Me: Why is it so expensive for extra meat? It costs about as much as the meal.
                      Chinese Rest.: Meat costs money.
                      Me: No shit it costs money, but why is a small almost the same as a combo #2 w/drink?
                      CR: Dunno, expensive.
                      Me: OK whatever, it is what it is.

Comment

Hence why I only will eat there now if I literally haven't eaten in days. Although what really scared me away forever is when I was told the meat hose was broken. Um ok then...I'll...just...go....somewhere....else....

Comment

Gawds, it sounds like a night at my work. Including the chain restaurant. I’m new there and only been there for 2 weeks, my training went pretty much as such. Not quite in thesis words but close.

Me=me
                          CW= co worker

CW = “See the register?”
                          Me = “yes”
                          CW =“good, now everything is under a button and if you don’t find it, just keep hitting buttons till you do. Mind you we’ve just reformatted our system, so there is very little logic to where thing are.”
                          Me = ::blink Blink:: “your kidding me right? I’m warring you now, I’m not going to be very fast at this for a while then.”
                          CW = “Don’t worry you’ll do fine.”

Then there’s the wonderful fact that when I’m asked what goes on an item I have no idea, so I go to ask another employee. I swear if one of them walks away from me again without telling me the info the customer is asking I’m going to backhand someone.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                            Hence why I only will eat there now if I literally haven't eaten in days. Although what really scared me away forever is when I was told the meat hose was broken. Um ok then...I'll...just...go....somewhere....else....
                            Meat hose?! *Shudder*

Comment

Working...
                            X