This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer blow-up

Last Saturday I was waiting in line to buy dinner where I work. Nearby there was a woman at the pasta bar who asked for her pasta cooked with butter. It's not a normal request but we'll do it. So the employee gets butter, and proceeds to put it in the pan. The customer then threw a temper tantrum, saying she wanted the butter added after (remember, she originally said *cooked* in butter), telling one of the other cooks that the first cook (a girl about 19 years old) didn't know what she was doing, he should take over her order, blah blah blah. Said girl ran away crying. Soon I overheard the store manager talking to her, and I heard him explain several times that the employee is "new". I went up to the lunch room and this employee was still crying, probably for a total of 15 minutes.

This woman who blew up did so in front of her own children. What a great example to set for them.

Although I think the manager handled the situation reasonably well, if I were the manager I would have asked her to leave. Other customers don't need to see disgraceful conduct like that.

OK, I have to agree with CIHAC, during my small number of times as the MOD (by virtue of either being the only person there, or being the person with the cash key) I don't put up with that, you want to yell at one of my coworkers you can feel free to go to hell and get out of the hotel...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
    X