This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Garage Idiot

Oh wow, I can’t believe I forgot to post this one. This happened about 6 weeks ago. I was taking a weekend vacation to San Francisco (LOVELY city) and had done the park-and-fly thing at the airport. Prepaid for my parking online, had my printed recipt and everything. Got back to LAX, grabbed the shuttle, all going well. Find my car, also going well, though I was very tired because it was 10:30 pm and it’d been a long weekend. I drive down to the ground floor of the parking structure, and then we see The Idiot. Guy in the car in front of me. He’s apparently discarded his receipt or something. Well, they give you TONS of warning online that if you don’t have that printed confirmation/receipt, they will have no proof that you paid, and you will be charged in full. It’s also posted all over the parking garage.
    Sadly, being in my car, I couldn’t really hear the words being exchanged, but I could tell that Idiot wasn’t happy about being charged $35 again, and was complaining. By this time, a large line had formed behind him, but he refuses to pay. Finally, a manager comes over. Idiot appears to be very belligerent, and I could hear the manager stating that he would call security if he had to. Manager gets check-out girl to open the gate, and asks guy to pull around to the curb so that they could get it sorted out and let those of us in line go through.
    Ah, but Idiot refuses. He doesn’t want to pay for his error (also possible that he was scamming, come to think of it). He doesn’t pull forward! We’ve been sitting in line for 20 MINUTES at this point, just because of him. Finally, manager manages to get the idiot to move and follows him carefully over to the curb to make sure he doesn’t drive off.

I casually hand my receipt to the check-out girl, she scans the barcode, and lo and behold, I’m out of there with no money due in less than 3 minutes.

What a maroon!
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com
Working...
X