This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• future generation! :(

I'm sitting in the bank drive-up and watch a lady (40-50) walk across parking lot, carrying 3 grocery sacks, a purse and a lunch box. She is obviously struggling with bags, it's hot and you can tell she's tired. Two tweens ride by after her on their bikes -- first kid gets beside her and spits gum out on her -- they ride off.
    I thought I was going to cry. I'm not a violent person but that made me want to run him down and spit on him.
    ANNIE

Every day I work with you is two days of therapy!!!!!

Looks like some children weren't raised well.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just imagine the teachers and administrators at the "lucky" school that gets the "priviledge" of hosting them.

Comment

I am lucky enough to be a teacher -- well, a substitute anyway, since I can't seem to get hired full time (but that is a WHOLE other story). Thank God I don't do middle schools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! I'm sure I'd be in jail.
        ANNIE

Every day I work with you is two days of therapy!!!!!

Comment

wow, had I pulled a stunt like that and my mother found out... well she'd be in prison right now and I wouldn't be posting on this board...
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

That's just wrong. My parents would kill me if I even DARED to do something like that.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. I've had gum put in my hair more times than I can count in middle and high school.

I am more surprised (oh shit, I'm about to jinx it I bet) that no one at the bar has done it yet to me.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That's sick and stupid.

But what it has to do with the future generation as a whole I don't know.

Comment

Well, I personally know two business owners that won't even hire anyone under the age of 30 because of idiots like that.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                    Well, I personally know two business owners that won't even hire anyone under the age of 30 because of idiots like that.
                    And they haven't been reported for age discrimination why?

Comment

Well one guy works for himself doing roofing, so he's so loaded with money right now for working for so long I'm pretty sure he can simply close down his business if the feds get on his case. And the other guy WILL give a young guy a chance IF he/she proves to him that they're an asset. But the interview stories he's given me thus far proves that he can come up better reasons NOT to hire him/her for someone else that's older and has more experience. You gotta keep in mind that the job market is MUCH tighter today. And if you had to choose between a 20 year old with no experience that's gonna complain about doing hard work, as opposed to a 40 year old that HAS experience and WILL work hard without complaining or giving you grief, who would you pick???

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        And they haven't been reported for age discrimination why?
                        I believe age discrimination only applies if the person applying for the job is 40 or over.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                          And if you had to choose between a 20 year old with no experience that's gonna complain about doing hard work, as opposed to a 40 year old that HAS experience and WILL work hard without complaining or giving you grief, who would you pick???
                          True, I would pick the 40 year old. But as someone who has had people suddenly not want to deal with him after finding out his age (24), it sucks and hurts to not be respected simply because you're young.

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          I believe age discrimination only applies if the person applying for the job is 40 or over.
                          Not trying to shoot the messenger, but how does that make any sense legally? If you won't hire because of age (unless it's an insurance/legal thing)... Nevermind.

Comment

Age discrimination of any age is wrong. Just because someone in their 20's is not experiance, doesn't mean that they cannot do the job with out bitching.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Legal definition of age discrimination.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X