This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I have a story!

I stopped by Subway before my interview (I got a job! Yay again!), and got a mouth-watering 6-inch turkey on wheat. The woman in front of me got a 6-inch pepperoni and ham, with provolone, toasted, and proceeded to order the most disgusting combination of toppings I've ever heard:

Mayo
    Sweet Onion sauce
    Parmesean cheese
    Lettuce
    Black olives
    onions

And she asked for extra pickles. The server informed her that EXTRA pickles would cost EXTRA. Makes sense, right?
    Apparently, it flew right over this woman's head. She looked puzzled, sniffed the fart, and asked why it would cost extra. Server explained that extra stuff is extra money and whatnot.

The woman just said, "I don't want it, then", and left.
    And now the employees are one sandwich richer (although I wouldn't want to eat that slop) because this stupid cow didn't want to fork over a few more cents for pickles.

Unrelated sidenote: On the way home, I was listening to the new Panic At The Disco album, and as a stoplight turned green, the chorus to "From a Mountain in the Middle of the Cabins" played ("If you're goin' then go, go, go, go..."). It made me smile.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
    I stopped by Subway before my interview (I got a job! Yay again!).
    Congratulations on getting the new job.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

YAY for new job!

That sammich doesn't sound utterly disgusting but....eh....I'd have problem eating it (with Mayo and black olives, you bet'cher ASS I'd have problems eating it).
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Oh God, subshop SC's.

I remember when I worked at Quizno's there was a woman who wanted us to make her sub, and toast it before she would decide if she wanted to buy it, and the manager agreed to it.

I had to go over every ingredient in detail.

Then she didn't want it. She claimed it was because I forgot not to put some oregano on it (I got one small shake and like 3 flakes before I stopped myself).

I called her a F'ing bit** and walked away.

Then I got threatened to be fired, especially if she complained.

I would have deserved it, but who orders something then says "Oh, it doesn't look good, I don't want it"?

Sorry for the threadjack.

Comment

It's amazing how people think they could something, anything, extra for free.

It must be fun living in that warped reality.
          "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Ah, actually, it's the reality I live in every day. Indeed, every sub shop I've ever been to has had no problem putting more pickles on the sub when I ask for them (and I do love me some pickles). In fact, I think it unreasonable to charge extra for something like that. Charging extra for cheese I can understand, but pickles? I'd have walked out too.

Comment

Yeah, every Subway I've ever been too has never charged me extra to put more than their standard 4 pickle slices on a 6 inch. Granted, I'm not asking for the whole bin to be dumped on my numminess, but I'd like to be able to taste them....

Cheese, meat, those I can see charging extra for. Those are the expensive bits that decide the price of a sub. Pickles? Tomatoes? Lettuce? Not everyone gets those, so I'll take that guy's share, please!

Comment

Actually it's against the rules to charge extra for veggies at a Subway. The Franchisee can have their store taken from them for that.

Charges for extra meat & cheese, yes. Veggies? nope...Customers CAN ask for the whole bin of olives and we (technically) have to give it to them.

It sucks when some customers take advantage. But it also sucks that Franchisees are charging extra and making the rest of us look bad.

In the long run, for all the customers who don't want "the works" it all evens out in the end.

I think the CS was the Franchisee on this one guys.

BTW< congrats on the job!!!

Comment

Quoth JenCdn View Post
                  I think the CS was the Franchisee on this one guys.

BTW< congrats on the job!!!
                  Thanks. Since I don't really make enough to matter on income tax, I get to keep all the money I make without the gub'ment taking any.
                  I still think it was pretty stupid to leave an already-prepared sub to go to waste, though.
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                  X