This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Wendy's service

I went into my local Wendy's today to get a taco salad, which on their signage says the price is $5.99. They rang up the order, and before tax it came to well over $6.00 (with tax it was over $7). I pointed this out and they absolutely refused to give me the salad for the price on the sign, citing that prices had recently changed but they hadn't gotten around to changing the signs (I *think* this was a manager talking by this point). I told them they would be hearing from head office about this, and I walked out and immediately called Wendy's customer service toll-free number. And then I went to KFC

I like Wendy's and will still go there, but I won't be going to this particular location again.

uummm yeah... just cause they didn't change the signs yet doesn't mean they shouldn't honor the price. they should have given you the food for $5.99 plus tax. anywhere you go in the US, if they price on the shelf where all the items are located, is lower than what it rings up, you will get the lower price. i think that is a law of some sort, but i could be wrong on that.

i would definitly call up corporate.

Comment

I've been on the CS side of this before and it sucks. Although for me it was always in a large store, and not fast food.
      It's always fair to give the posted price of something, and just because a sign hasn't been changed yet isn't a good enough reason.
      If the prices had changed and they hadn't received a new sign I can understand that, but at least hand-write a note for the new price and tape it up over the old one. Some people may still bitch, but at least the establishment is doing what they can to advertise correct pricing.

Comment

Quoth Can I have a cheeseburger View Post
        I...their signage says the price is $5.99. They rang up the order, and before tax it came to well over $6.00 (with tax it was over $7)....
        so you're making a big hoopla over less than a dollar? ....

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
          not really, its not like he did several hundred dollars worth of shopping and left it all there when his apples rang up wrong. He didnt want to pay more than the posted price and when they wouldnt give it to him he went to a different store.

Comment

It's hardly a hoopla to ask politely for the price stated on the sign, and you may be rich enough to be able to write off a dollar, but some people have to watch every penny. I certainly couldn't afford to write off a pound.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

If you have a camera/video phone, you should've taken footage of the menu/prices and talked over it stating the date/time for further proof. Hindsight, I know, but just for future reference.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                so you're making a big hoopla over false advertising
                Fixed.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                  It isn't the dollar that's the issue here. The issue is that there is one price posted on signage in the store, but the customer is charged another, higher price.

Stores and restaurants do get into trouble for this. This is what there are pricing auditors for. I hardly think it's unreasonable to insist on being charged the price that is posted for all to see.

And if you think it is, you'd better never question any price discrepancy that leaves you paying more than you expected. I'd hate for you to be a hypocrite or anything.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

This is typical for Wendy's, at least with my experience out here, I won't even waste my time or money there any more. Slowest service of any fast food restaurant (they appear to be intentionally delaying order taking to avoid getting backed up on orders), and my favorite, shortly after adding breakfast to their menu I decided to try it. 9.30A on a weekday, Wed I think, they're out of hash browns and coffee. Ummm, considering that's 2/3s of all combos, just what am I supposed to get? And the attitude was basically order something else, or leave, so I left, and never came back.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I guess im in the minority, but I call slight suck here.

Did you ask if he was a manager? If he wasn't, the employees were probably only doing what they were told, so it was kinda sucky of you to pull the 'you'll be hearing from corporate about this' line on emps who are just doing their job.

Don't get me wrong, I think you should have gotten it for the price advertised, I just feel you should have been sure to take it out on the person who is responsible for the error, not the employees.

Just my
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        I guess im in the minority, but I call slight suck here.

Did you ask if he was a manager? If he wasn't, the employees were probably only doing what they were told, so it was kinda sucky of you to pull the 'you'll be hearing from corporate about this' line on emps who are just doing their job.

Don't get me wrong, I think you should have gotten it for the price advertised, I just feel you should have been sure to take it out on the person who is responsible for the error, not the employees.

Just my
                        Yeah, but I work in a similar job, and I would never be that stupid to pull that on a customer. It's common sense, and the other workers there know enough not to do that to a customer. It is also their job to accomodate unique circumstances like this, because that is part of good customer service.

It's not so much the price I'm worried about (although I am a university student on a limited budget), it's the principle of false advertising that I can't support. I went over to KFC and paid the same amount for a combo that I would have had I accepted the higher price at Wendy's.
                        Last edited by Can I have a cheeseburger; 07-22-2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
                          This is typical for Wendy's, at least with my experience out here, I won't even waste my time or money there any more. Slowest service of any fast food restaurant (they appear to be intentionally delaying order taking to avoid getting backed up on orders), and my favorite, shortly after adding breakfast to their menu I decided to try it. 9.30A on a weekday, Wed I think, they're out of hash browns and coffee. Ummm, considering that's 2/3s of all combos, just what am I supposed to get? And the attitude was basically order something else, or leave, so I left, and never came back.
                          I think it all depends on the region and the franchisees. Another Wendy's in this city has always had great service and is very fast. They're also the only one in the area with breakfast.

Comment

Yeah, but the thing is - some people aren't allowed to do the right thing. Just because your place is proactive in providing decent customer service doesn't mean theirs is.

There are a couple of rules I have at work for online travel support that I absolutely HATE following. And I totally understand why people get upset, but I still have to follow the rules, or I'll get written up.

Does this give the customer the right to yell at me about them? Not saying YOU yelled, I'm sure you didnt - but when people get mad at me for me doing my job, well, that's the reason I think EVERY SINGLE DAY how much I wish I could get out of customer service.

Now, when someone doesnt like the rules I'm quoting and calmly tells me why they disagree and then ask for a manager, I inwardly cheer because I respect the fact that they realize I'm doing my job and gladly transfer them to someone who can perhaps bend the rules for them.

I guess we'll agree to disagree, and I do see your point. Hopefully you see mine too.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm kind of with Peppergirl on this one. Not that I believe you should have had to pay the unadvertised price, but that you shouldn't take it out on the employee or even necessarily that location. Corporate can be a bitch sometimes, and the store employees, even managers, can sometimes be forced to do things that are inconvenient at best. Your best bet is to complain to corporate, and maybe give the store another chance if it hasn't had a bad track record.

Comment

Working...
                              X