This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    ... we had a hotel that finally had it's advertised price at $30 less than what they were actually charging (and yes, I know that the sign said, rates starting at... so it's not false advertising if on a particularly busy night it is a higher rate... it is however false advertising if in over a year period they have never had that rate...
    oh and regarding the comment about if someone can't afford a dollar then they can't afford to eat out... that is complete and utter bullshit, I can say "such and such costs $y" great that's exactly how much I have to spare this week... and then the cashier says, it's now $x, then I may be SOL. (key word in that previous sentence was SPARE, extra)
    1. i agree with you. If they have the price listed lower than what they're actually charging for over an extended period of time, then it is false advertising and that is something to be rightly pissed off at.
    2. also, the price point i am arguing is less than a dollar. you're talking about $30 dollars price difference.... as stated in a previous post, i would have a problem with that.

as far as your "complete and utter bullshit" comment.... that's your opinion, but i will have to disagree. i know people like to go out to eat because it's easy. But if you can't spare a dollar or two for the "just in case" moments like in the OP and the one i mentioned earlier...

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      Sweeping assumption much?
      For all YOU know, this may have been the OP's monthly treat. I'm tightening my belt too (thanks inflation and lack of raises!), so TTO and I only eat out once a month. If the menu/display board says ten bucks, then ten bucks I will pay. If I have made no substitutions or alterations in anyway, they have no right to bring a bill that charges 12 bucks, and say "Oops, we haven't changed the signage/menu."

Be careful what you say in this instance, as alot of people on this board ARE watching their pennies VERY closely, but treat themselves to a little eat-out every now and then. Me being one of them.
      Agreed. I only usually go out to eat once a month, due to rising costs of living etc, I can't afford it at the moment. Why should I be deprived of my monthly treat, just cuz someone doesn't bother to change a sign?

Re: CorDarei. Like I said, you may be rich enough to write off a dollar; please don't be rude and patronising towards those of us who can't. You'd better hope that one day karma doesn't catch up on you cuz that was a very nasty remark you just made. You're currently not living hand to mouth; well, bully for you.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Okay everyone, let's tone this down a lot. If this can't stay civil, we'll just close it down.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
          as far as your "complete and utter bullshit" comment.... that's your opinion, but i will have to disagree. i know people like to go out to eat because it's easy. But if you can't spare a dollar or two for the "just in case" moments like in the OP and the one i mentioned earlier...
          All I can say is that every dollar saved counts in these tough economic times.

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
            So, CorDarei, you're saying that if all you had on your person was a $20 bill and the restaurant didn't take cards, then you wouldn't ever order something that was $18.50 JUST IN CASE THE STORE DECIDES TO FRAUDULENTLY CHARGE YOU MORE?

Yeah, doesn't sound too logical, does it? So how does the same logic make sense when the person has $7 and the food is $5.99? If someone has enough for the listed price of something and the tax on it, there is NO logical reason for them to refrain from purchasing it just in case.
            Last edited by JustADude; 07-23-2008, 01:49 AM.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
              1. i agree with you. If they have the price listed lower than what they're actually charging for over an extended period of time, then it is false advertising and that is something to be rightly pissed off at.
              2. also, the price point i am arguing is less than a dollar. you're talking about $30 dollars price difference.... as stated in a previous post, i would have a problem with that.

Where's your mind at? It's not even about sparing a dollar. Why should a person have to spare a dollar because of a companies' f-up? The menu says a certain price and that's what should be honored to the customer. If not at least take the time to fix the menu before opening so there's no confusion. If you don't mind giving your money away to stores for free then go ahead. Just don't expect everyone else to just suck it up when it happens to them. A dollar is a dollar. It's not like it's a coupon or something you aren't entitled to since it's the persons' money. Next time you go to Wendy's or any other establishment and your meal costs $6, go ahead and give them $2 extra dollars cause you're such a kind sport.

Comment

Sorry people, nothing more to be gained from this one, nothing more to see. Move it along.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                X