This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMI at the pharmacy

I walked into the local pharmacy and was the only one in line. Their was a guy chattering loudly to the two distressed looking pharamacy techs. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. I was even standing the prescribed distance from the counter area.

He was going on and on about his bowel issues and asking which fiber supplement the ladies thought would help him but not make him constipated. He got into nasty details about his err.. consistency issues. He was making stomach churn, after about 10 mins of standing there I couldn't take him any more. There was also now a line that had developed behind me. I said quite loudly "Nobody needs to know this much about your poop." Paired with the one hand the hip scowl of death it was enough to make the creep scurry off. The tech's looked relieved and they filled my script amazingly fast.

-Bitsy

Was he an old guy? Maybe he just has bad hearing and has to talk that loudly just to hear himself. Although that doesn't excuse broadcasting your bowel movements to everyone in line.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

My mom does that ALL the time.

The worst/best time we were eating at their fancy county club and it was a buffet.
      While in line my mother starts talking (she has no clue what whispering means) about my brother-in-law and how in the last two days or so he has been bleeding a little while taking a shit. So she goes on and on about how this, how much, how long, what the dr's think, etc etc oh and how this happens to her alot also.

I must of said 10 times, mom this isn't the place to talk about it and she just shhh's me and keeps going.

My mom is a strange bird but gotta love her.
      Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

My mom's like that, too - she's never had any problem with talking about "stomach problems" in detail when out in public.

Comment

The MOTH's mother has been known to do that.

She's told have the people attending Mass.

I have stood a decent amount of feet away with a look on my face and tried to pretend I'm not with her.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My mother is slightly hard of hearing, and has a natural outdoor voice 24/7. The woman can't whisper to save her life.

Sometimes it gets really embarrassing when she's on her cell phone in public and roaring and everyone can hear her. If I'm with her, I'll try to nudge her and she'll go ballistic and start screaming at me to "STOP IT NOOOOOWWWWW!"

Sure enough, everyone stares, expecting to see a woman screaming at a child, but no, it's little old me.

The funny thing is, when mom goes ballistic in public and I'm all humiliated walking staring at the floor, she proudly proclaims "And you know WHAT? They are most likely wondering what in the world YOUR problem is, NOT MINE!"

She's a little delusional. I fear for when she reaches her senior years.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
              My mom's like that, too - she's never had any problem with talking about "stomach problems" in detail when out in public.
              We have a (very good) family friend who has IBS and no qualms about making it known. She's embarrassed people with her more than once (I really didn't need to know when/what sea-urchin sushi reminds you of kthx).

One "memorable" time when my mom and I were visiting, she starts in detail about The Big Bang (that Nerve sex book), sex toys, menopause problems, etc at the dinner table. Her husband looked like he wanted to vanish through the floor, her son and I were simultaneously mortified, amused and fascinated, and my mom's attempts to derail the discussion only served to perpetuate it (luckily dinner consisted of nothing that could be used as visual aids). That has to have been the WEIRDEST dinner I'd ever attended.

Her penchant for TMI has become a running joke now.
              Last edited by Dreamstalker; 07-24-2008, 02:42 AM.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My mom's also very...unconcerned...about the conversations she has in public. Usually, it's about her dog's bowel movements, but embarassing nevertheless...
                "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Heh. My mom likes to talk about ME loudly in public.

"Your stomach hurts? Is it because of gas or because your birth control is not agreeing with you?"

*whisper, but still pissy* "Mom!!"

"Or are you pregnant?"

*whisper but getting madder*"Mom!"

"Is it because you gained weight?"

*whisper I'm about ready to smack* "Would you stop?!"

And then she has to tell everyone (especially guys) that I'm 17. Does she honestly think it's gonna stop guys from staring at me and hitting on me? No. More likely, they will be even more attracted. ><
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Off-Topic: I want to kill the silly bitch at work with the celiac allergy. She talks about it non-stop at lunch. Eats lunch in the same place as me--she's friends with the coworker whose office I am usually conned into eating in--and I hate her guts. One more forlorn look from her toward my plate if I have any kind of food with gluten and I think I might just kill her with a freshly sharpened pencil.

On-Topic: Good on you for finally reminding him he was in public. Mom and I have lots of candid discussions, but we try to keep it down to a polite level so as not to freak out the natives.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that sort of thing is between me and my doctor. Unless it is going to affect my life in some obvious way, or I need some sort of help, my mother doesn't need to know about it.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X