This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impatient, much?

So, I'm in Target, ready to check out my cart of various moving supplies (yay bubble wrap!) and groceries. They only have 3 registers open, and there are some lines, but none too terrible. I get in line to patiently wait for my turn when someone in another line...well:

SC: (to cashier) Hey! Hey, you! Get some backup up here!!

*a few moments later*

SC: HEY!!! YOU!!!! Target!! (yes, he called the cashier 'Target') I SAID these lines are too long!! GET SOME BACKUP!!!
    Me: (not loudly, not quietly, and looking at him) What a jackass.

*a few moments later*

SC: DUUUUDDDDEE!!!OMGELEVENTY
    Cashier: I KNOW!

It takes a minute or so for some backup cashiers to make it from the various scattered corners of the big ass department store to the registers. People scatter to various lines. The associate in jewelry even yelled over, "I can check out someone over here!!"

SC: Well I'll take you up on that offer! *mumbling about incompetent retail workers*

Of course this guy practically reeked of the rich faux-hippies that populate the Kansas City suburbs...grrr.

I wish now I would've said something directly, and loudly, to the jerk, like "Where's the fire? Take a big dose of 'chill the fuck out' and follow it with a shot of 'shut the fuck up'"
    Last edited by AdminAssistant; 07-22-2008, 06:47 PM. Reason: Playing nice :D
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    I wish now I would've said something directly, and loudly, to the jerk, like "Where's the fire? Take a big dose of 'chill the fuck out' and follow it with a shot of 'shut the fuck up'"
    can i use that in my sig? that had me falling out of my chair!
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Of course this guy practically reeked of the rich faux-hippies that populate the Kansas City suburbs (especially those on the Kansas side...ah, JoCo, the Beverly Hills of the MidWest). Self-important assholes saving the planet with hybrid SUV's, all organic toilet paper, and Birkenstocks.

All I took from this was a shot at people who are on the Kansas side of the border, environmentally friendly and who wear Birkenstock's.....I fit all three bills.

Please watch the generalization's......cuz I definitely don't fit the rest of your post.
      Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Quoth SteeleDragon78 View Post
        can i use that in my sig? that had me falling out of my chair!
        Of course!! I'd be honored!

Sorry, to any JoCo residents who may have took offense to my comment. Of course not ALL environmentally friendly Kansans are jackasses, I know that. I don't know anyway to clarify what I was trying to say without digging myself deeper in a hole.... But I edited my previous post.
        Last edited by AdminAssistant; 07-22-2008, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, please do not be knocking the Birkenstocks. They drive certain people wild with orgasmic glee.

I'll just go hit the now.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

please clarify . . .I have seen the term a couple of places
            OMGELEVENTY . . .I know what OMG typically stands for . . .but I don't do txt one letter abreviations what does "ELEVENTY" mean?

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
              please clarify . . .I have seen the term a couple of places
              OMGELEVENTY . . .I know what OMG typically stands for . . .but I don't do txt one letter abreviations what does "ELEVENTY" mean?
              it represents someone banging on the '!' and letting go of shift in their frenzy 'omg!11!!!111!!!!1'. I think anyway.
              If it makes sense, it's not allowed™. -- BeckySunshine

I've heard of breaking wind but not breaking and entering wind. --- Sheldonrs

My gaming blog:Ghosts from the Black

Comment

Quoth IvorTangrean View Post
                it represents someone banging on the '!' and letting go of shift in their frenzy 'omg!11!!!111!!!!1'. I think anyway.
                thats the best explanation ive heard of all the boards i lurk at.
                This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Of course!! I'd be honored!

Sorry, to any JoCo residents who may have took offense to my comment. Of course not ALL environmentally friendly Kansans are jackasses, I know that. I don't know anyway to clarify what I was trying to say without digging myself deeper in a hole.... But I edited my previous post.

Sorry....little over-sensitive on my part.
                  Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.---Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

It's cool.

I'm about to be a Kansan myself.

Comment

Of course this guy practically reeked of the rich faux-hippies that populate the Kansas City suburbs...grrr.
                      This line cracks me up.

I can picture it now:

"Lovey, have the driver bring the Prius, I wish to go to Target and buy mass produced items, and abuse the working class"

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        This line cracks me up.

I can picture it now:

"Lovey, have the driver bring the Prius, I wish to go to Target and buy mass produced items, and abuse the working class"
                        "And then we'll swing on over to Trader Joe's for some free-trade coffee. Put this Ben and Jerry's coupon in my Mother Jones tote bag, would you?"
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Yuck View Post
                          Please watch the generalization's......cuz I definitely don't fit the rest of your post.
                          Well then, if the description doesn't fit, why get bent out of shape? Obviously the comment wasn't directed at you.

Mr Yuck does have a point, though, even if he forgot where the report button is. Generalizations are never a good thing.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This asshole would love the Target that I work at. Having three registers open is unusual for us.

Comment

I had an overly impatient customer in the drive-thru today. He couldn't wait for the car in front of him to get their shakes at the window and drove off around them on the grass. If he had waited another 17 seconds he would have been at the window.
                              "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Working...
                              X