X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?

I swear, they're out in en masse today.

I had to make a trip up to the NEX, which I hate doing, for reasons which have to do with the obvious over-pricing of Italian products which can be found on the market if one only takes the time to go off-base, and because the people there are such self-entitled freaks. Yes, FREAKS.

From the minute I walked in, I knew it was going to happen. I wasn't sure what "it" was, but "it" was coming.

Scenario #1:

A man and his wife were walking two-abreast down an aisle I had entered. The man was carrying a handbasket.
    The woman saw me coming, politely moved aside (in front of her husband) and we both sort of exchanged nods.

Her husband moved toward the center of the aisle as I passed and swung his basket at me. YEAH. I jumped out of the way, landing against the shelving, and made a yelping noise.

Asshole chuckled and walked away; his wife didn't even look back.

Why?!

Scenario #2:

As I was recovering from Basket Man, I decide to go look around the giftwrap section for some treat bags I've been needing. As I wander, an older woman with a cart starts to follow me.

I go down one aisle. I go up another. Yes, she's definitely following me.

Every time I stopped, she just about crashed her cart into me. By this point, she's starting to scare the shit out of me, what with her stalker-like behaviour.

Finally, I get to the beauty care aisle, and she comes around from the other side and cuts me off...and asks me where the Olay products are.

Mind you, I'm wearing flip-flops, ratty jeans, a beach hoodie, sunglasses, and a tank top. I'm carrying a bookbag and my iPod earbuds are dangling over my shoulder. I am NOT wearing a uniform, closed-toe shoes, or, most importantly, a NAMETAG. I'm not carrying a box of store stock. I definitely don't work for the NEX.

Maybe it was a bit rude of me, but I shot her this, "A-buh?" glance and walked away. I've seen enough on Customers Suck to know not to allow myself to get dragged into THAT conversation.

Scenario #3:

Cheerful Register Jockey bids welcome to Unhappy Customer. Unhappy Customer remains silent. Cheerful Register Jockey rings up purchases, relays total. Unhappy Customer THROWS MONEY at Cheerful Register Jockey. Cheerful Register Jockey left in state of utter confusion and shattered dreams of peace and joy as Unhappy Customer storms off.

Scenario #4:

In letter format!

Dear You,

And by "you", I mean the local wag who wrote, "This is the color of shit! Aha!" in brown marker on the walls of the bathroom...

Well, aren't you clever?

Praying you've graduated from or failed out of whatever school taught you to identify your colors by comparing them to feces,

- Moxi

PS - Aha? Seriously? As in "Eureka"? It's like you've discovered some fundamental secret of the universe in that one comparison. Maybe I need to experiment with brown markers more often.

...I need a drink.
    Last edited by MoxisPilot; 07-23-2008, 02:26 PM.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

That first scenario just begs for you to let him hit you, then fall to the ground, clutching your leg and screaming.

One would hope he'd have the decency to be embarrassed, then.

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
      That first scenario just begs for you to let him hit you, then fall to the ground, clutching your leg and screaming.

One would hope he'd have the decency to be embarrassed, then.
      Aw, damn it.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
      "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

The stalker woman sounds familiar.

Was she between 55-60, frizzy overly bleached blonde hair, leather belt textured tan skin, too much blue eyeshadow, shaved off, drawn on dark brown eyebrows, chandelier earrings and clothes that most preteens wear these days?

The last time I went to Wal-Mart by myself, this lady followed me everywhere I went. And I went from hygene and beauty to automotive to grocery......
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          The stalker woman sounds familiar.

Was she between 55-60, frizzy overly bleached blonde hair, leather belt textured tan skin, too much blue eyeshadow, shaved off, drawn on dark brown eyebrows, chandelier earrings and clothes that most preteens wear these days?

The last time I went to Wal-Mart by myself, this lady followed me everywhere I went. And I went from hygene and beauty to automotive to grocery......
          Alas, there are no Wal-Marts in Italy.

It could very well have been the same woman, though. >.>

Comment

Bwah?! No Wal-Marts in Italy??

Quick! Someone charter me a boat! I need to move to Italy!
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The guy in the first story sounds like the chick who banged her bags into me at the mall. Me and my friend were walking and doing some window shopping when their was a tight squeeze between two groups of people. We fall single file and this woman still swings her bag into me when she had more than enough room to pass.
              Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post

PS - Aha? Seriously?
                Taaaaaaaaaake oooooooooon meeeeeeeeee......
                "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Maybe the brown marker was a sharpie or white board marker. You can get fuzzy headed pretty darn quick with those, especially in enclosed spaces.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                    Because after "Hunting and Low" you find "The Sun Always Shines on TV"!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
                      PS - Aha? Seriously?
                      Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                      Damn. Glad I scrolled down before I replied. 'course, that's why I come here; only on CS could I get beaten to a punchline like that at 3 in the morning.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        Bwah?! No Wal-Marts in Italy??

Quick! Someone charter me a boat! I need to move to Italy!
                        We had Wal-Marts in Germany, but they were bought out by Real - last year, I think.

Also, we have very lax immigration rules
                        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                          We had Wal-Marts in Germany, but they were bought out by Real - last year, I think.

really, ich spreche ein bission (sp?) deutsch... what else do I need
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You're also going to need "Du bist ein sheisst kopft" if someone cuts in front of you in line.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post

We've got Ipercoop and Auchan. Both are very Super Wal-Mart-ish, I think.

And I think everyone has lax immigration rules compared to Italy. When I came, they almost refused me a Codice Fisciale because I changed my last name when I got married. They insisted that because I had taken my husband's last name, my Codice would belong to him. -.- Whatever.

Comment

Working...
                              X