This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More SCs in the Drive-thru

Got one that just...rrrr. So glad I dont work in fast food anymore.

I live in a little Seattle...wel, I guess you could call it suburb named Issaquah. Seems to be yuppie/entitlement whore central here (moved up here from DFW in Aug '05), or maybe Im just turning into a Bitter Old Man. Case in point:

Just picked up the wife and ran through the local McDs for a cheap dinner (southern chicken sandwich = direct rip-off of Chik-Fil-A....and since we cant get Chik-Fil-A here...mmmmm), and this little beige 'new' Beetle whips in ahead of my lumbering minivan, little blond college student girl at the wheel. She orders one of the meal combos and pulls on over. We order and pull up behind her.

As we pull up, we can CLEARLY hear her ranting and raving at the little old asian (Im bad telling the difference between chinese/korean/japanese, but it isnt important to the story, just that her ancestry is obviously from the west side of the pacific) lady about how her receipt is wrong, she got charged for a drink when she got the combo, do you understand me, I dont think you understand me, and then....wait for it...'I want an American to talk to. You dont speak english!" and started talking down at her.

Now, I can tell what the problem is, because my first job ever was working at a Mickey-Ds. The receipt separates out the meal and the drink so they show up as separate items on the order screen for the people that put it together. If you add up the cost of the meal item and the cost of the drink, it adds up to the price of the combo meal. But EW Blondie wasnt hearing any of that, and finally screeches up to the next window vowing to come in and talk to a manager.

We pull up and the poor lady at the window was LIVID. I know this woman from the multiple times I've visited before - she's very much the picture of someone's sweet little gramma that's working a part time job. Always says 'hi', asks me where my wife is when I come through without her, etc. She was practically spitting mad but doing a good job of keeping it under control and apologized to us for being mad. I apologized for the SC and told her that if she did come into the store and her manager DIDNT shut her down for the screaming idiot she was, I'd vouch for her.

Some people's children. Jebus.

haha oh gods i currently work for a mcD in renton some of the customers are absolutely terrible. the meal and drink think confused me at first. then it was like ohh i see.

Comment

Just picked up the wife and ran through the local McDs
      Well, there's your first problem...you're supposed to drive, ya know...

I can't imagine getting so worked up about something like that. Even if I did think it was wrong I would just calmly ask the question. If I even bothered to look at the receipt.... Which at fast food places I generally don't bother. I know what I ordered, I know what it should cost, I know what I just paid. What do I care how they list it on the receipt?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I can't imagine getting worked up over something like that either. When we go to the drive through, I just pull out my debit card and hand it to David. Most of the time I don't even bother to check the receipt, I just make sure we have all our food.

We were accidentally over-charged at KFC once, and didn't even realize it until the cashier caught her mistake, started apologizing and refunded our money.

Comment

Just you wait until she discovers the "take out" tax.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X