This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's who use the entrances to do their business

Why is it anywhere you go these days, you always encounter that one SC who has to do their business right in the middle of the entrance to a place of business? I have two examples I can cite on this:

1. I went to Publix last week, and right at the entrance, there was this display of beach towels. The woman who went inside in front of me got her cart, then parked it in front of the "Enter" door while she stuck herself in front of the "Exit" door to look at the towels. So, anyone that wanted to get into the store couldn't, and nobody could exit the store either, until this woman moved out of the way. I had to literally bump her cart aside since my "excuse me" fell on her deaf ears.

2. My family and I went to BJ's today, along with half of the population. It was bad enough to wade through the crowds, but why did this old fart have to yack on his phone and stop right in front of the entrance where nobody could get around him? He was oblivious until someone else bumped into him, although he continued yacking away as if nothing happened.

Have some manners!
    Last edited by greensinestro; 09-08-2008, 07:44 PM.

Haha, I was thinking something entirely different in reference to the "do their business" part.

Comment

I know. Or two long lost friends will suddenly bumb into each other in the narrowest aisle and not think to move to yak at each other.

MOVE. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE IN EXISTENCE.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Hate that with a burning passion. I get so tempted to yell "ROAD BLOCK!" at the top of my lungs, but I bite my tongue every time.

I'm not a tiny person either, so it's not like I can just squeeze by The Queen whilst she browses.

Comment

It's not just the pedestrians

Wife and I were tooling out to her workplace, and got stuck behind a pair of empty-headed cyclists who couldn't maintain enough situational awareness to consider that perhaps they shouldn't just come to a stop on an offramp, in the middle of the road, with cars behind them.

They spend at least two minutes dickering over where they were going ((apparently, windows were up to minimize bleedover of blue language - I just keep a smile on my face while I'm calling them a dirty, ****-eating, ****er )), then swerved from the far right to the far left (4 lane road) in front of us rather abruptly. Sheesh.

Mindya, this isn't about cyclists specifically - just sucky vehicle operators in general.

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            I know. Or two long lost friends will suddenly bumb into each other in the narrowest aisle and not think to move to yak at each other.

MOVE. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PEOPLE IN EXISTENCE.
            Maybe it's just me, but this seems to happen at least once a day where I work. A couple will be ordering, and then when another couple they know shows up, they immediately go "oh, hi!" and continue talking to each other throughout the transaction, which then makes me feel like an ass for interrupting.

Comment

Argh. I hate those kinds of people. My mom and I were shopping one day, and went to pull out of a parking lot. Two people passing stopped driving in the middle of the exit to talk. Cars lined up behind them for a good six or seven minutes.
              The pen may be mightier than the sword, but the D20 rules all!!!

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                Hate that with a burning passion. I get so tempted to yell "ROAD BLOCK!" at the top of my lungs, but I bite my tongue every time.

I'm not a tiny person either, so it's not like I can just squeeze by The Queen whilst she browses.

Go for it!

....okay okay, we all know that's wishful thinking, but really....geez....

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
                  Haha, I was thinking something entirely different in reference to the "do their business" part.
                  Considering the incident that happened about 2-3 months ago at the store I work at, I was thinking the same thing...

Comment

Quoth Rayndel2 View Post
                    Argh. I hate those kinds of people. My mom and I were shopping one day, and went to pull out of a parking lot. Two people passing stopped driving in the middle of the exit to talk. Cars lined up behind them for a good six or seven minutes.
                    I've had this happen, but never for six or seven minutes. I give them about 30 seconds to notice me behind them, then I honk my horn. It usually works, though they give me easily ignored glares.
                    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
                      Considering the incident that happened about 2-3 months ago at the store I work at, I was thinking the same thing...

We allowed to tell our pissing stories?

Comment

Quoth ReadyToRetire View Post
                        Me, too.

What does that say about us?
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Me, too.

What does that say about us?
                          We've been on this board too long?
                          MySpace

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
                            We've been on this board too long?
                            I'll go with that.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                              We allowed to tell our pissing stories?
                              AFAIK, grossness isn't Fratching territory. Slap up a warning before the disturbing stuff, and you should be fine.

I am not a mod, of course.
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X