X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was only a two hour tour...

... and I still didn't get my dinner.

(Yes, I know, quote is off, but I'm not that clever tonight! )

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted about this yet, nor am I 100% sure I got it in the right section, but here goes.

----

BG - About a month or two ago, I had ordered some pizza from a place that delivers and the online notice said 45 minutes. Normal, as far as I could tell. As it was dinnertime, roughly 5-6pm, I gave it another half an hour before I was starting to get really annoyed. So.. at this point, an hour and 15 minutes.

I call the pizza place, guy tells me "The driver just left with it." Mmn, okay. Keep in mind, this place is JUST down the street, maybe a 10 minute drive, at most, in traffic. I'd go get it myself if I had a legal car, but I don't.

I wait another half an hour, simmering, getting perilously close to ill from being so hungry. I munch a bit on some crackers, hoping to prevent my body from rebelling on me, but I don't want to ruin my meal by not being hungry for it by the time it gets to me either.

At that point, I tell my bf, I'm giving them another 20 minutes. Most places deliver in 30-60, and it's been 30 since I called as it is. Might be busy, might have been an accident, lots of orders.. who knows. As annoyed as I am, I gave more time.

Now, I have NEVER, ever had a pizza take longer than 60 minutes to get to me, no matter how busy.

At 2 hours and 20 minutes since I placed the order, a little over another hour since I called and the driver "just left with it", I called them again and cancelled the order. The same guy answered the phone and didn't even care. Probably from having a hectic day, or just flat out didn't care.

Ended up ordering from another place, got a pizza in 25 minutes. Yum!

Emailed corporate for the first place, informing them of the close-by location's lacking. I even stated I wasn't looking for any freebies or anything, just letting them know that they won't keep customers if this is going to be a regular thing. Got an email back with lots of apologies and two coupons in the mail for free pizzas, as well as a "We'll be looking into this."

Free=good, and I appreciated it, especially since they came in handy later on. Two things about the whole experience though... I know tons of people write in to places to get free things, and that wasn't my intention at all, but I did enjoy getting them for the crappy service. Did that make me sucky at all? I do understand places go through hellish nights and such... but over 2 hours for a pizza delivery? It baffles me now that I'm over the severe annoyance it gave me. Also, I know quite a few people here have worked in pizza/delivery... any insight on why the heck that could have taken so long?

Something that would have given me more patience or helped was that the guy answering the phone both times I called didn't even try to give me a reason or apologies or anything. Just "He just left with your pizza" and "Cancel? Ok...". Gnarrh.

I'm rambling and I should stop...
    Confirmed altoholic.

Had the same thing happen to me, even when I just asked for the difference in what I should have paid. Manager fessed up and said it was her fault for not programming the register correctly.

Comment

If there is something genuinely wrong with the service, there is no harm in writing a professional and courteous letter to corporate, letting them know exactly what happened and when. If something is wrong in the system (defective equipment, lackadaisical employees or inept management) it is in corporate's best interests to find out about it and correct the problem.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being a raving blowhard. I agree that two hours for pizza delivery from a restaurant ten minutes away is ridiculous, and they needed to know about that.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
        Did that make me sucky at all?
        No, it doesn't.

You specifically told them that you weren't looking for freebies.

That you got them is just a bonus (and good karma).
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think after waiting an hour I would have called up & had a bitch-fest right then & there.

Comment

Two things:

One, you weren't sucky. I'd have cancelled the order much sooner than 2 hours 20. That's unacceptable for a driver who "just left".

Two: "The driver just left" is (or was) the required response. At least, when my husband did Papa John's and I did Little Caesars, they told us to always tell querying customers that the driver had just left. It's not necessarily true, unfortunately.
            "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Definitely not sucky of you. You didn't demand freebies, and I'm surprised you didn't cancel your order much sooner. The company still left you feeling good by sending you coupons, even if that location still sucked.

As a matter of fact, I'm a little interested in knowing which company this involved. Not because I'm looking for coupons, but because I'm pleasantly surprised they responded to you. I've sent emails (courteous, though I'm sure I sounded annoyed) regarding orders that were messed up. No reply. Perhaps because this was something I shouldn've contacted the store directly about, I don't know. I wasn't looking freebies or resolution, I just wanted to express my displeasure. I would've liked someone to acknowledge my frustration beyond the "your email has been received" auto-reply.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Definitely no suck here, you were completely right in doing what you did, and at least they cared, Dominos certainly doesn't which is why I haven't ordered from them since January and have no plans to change that (see my LJ for that one, its in there somewhere).
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Here is my own pizza delivery story.

One rainy evening I called the local pizza emporium (Pizza Hut if it matters) and ordered my favorite pizza (pepperoni and onions) for delivery. They inform me that because of the nasty weather they are not delivering pizzas. So I order it for pick up.

After the appropriate delay, I drive over to pick up my pizza. They can't find it. So I wait while they make a new one. When I get home, I find a note from the pizza delivery guy saying he tried to deliver, but we weren't home. Naturally I called them back to point out all of the problems with what happened. They were accepting of the situation.

So why didn't I get a coupon for a free pizza or three? I quess I wasn't nasty enough.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Oddly enough it -was- Pizza Hut that did the original foul-up, for those wondering.
                    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      I think after waiting an hour I would have called up & had a bitch-fest right then & there.
                      Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                      So why didn't I get a coupon for a free pizza or three? I quess I wasn't nasty enough.
                      Actually, ICA, that would be because the situation didn't warrant free pizza. Maybe a couple bucks off, since you had to wait an extra 10-15 minutes, but not a free pizza, let alone multiple freebies.

Being a total asshole only gets you more stuff because they figure they'll lose more in labor-hours listening to you bitch than the food and production costs of what it would take to pay you off. Doing that, though, will put you on the phone-guys' (aka, me and mine) shit lists as much as stiffing will put you on the drivers' lists, and that will cost you big in the long run. Doubly so with late deliveries, since we aren't the ones fucking up.

A phone guy that likes you will ring your order up in the way that saves you the most money, not to mention clue you in when you're an order of bread-sticks away from a house special that will save you $15 bucks. One that doesn't like you will ring up exactly what you order and nothing else. No perks, no automatically adding discounts, etc... not to mention a far less pleasant time on the phone. None of it's cheating, scamming, or overcharging, just not going that extra step to make a happy customer.

In short, don't blow up at someone who is (or should be) doing their best to solve the problem, or you'll be treated like the SC you've just become.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                        Actually, ICA, that would be because the situation didn't warrant free pizza. Maybe a couple bucks off, since you had to wait an extra 10-15 minutes, but not a free pizza, let alone multiple freebies.
                        I agree. I did not expect a free, or even discounted, pizza. The comment was added because of all the reports in this forum of people demanding, and getting, freebies.

These days, my favorite pizza comes from a local restaurant called Ruffino's Spaghetti House. The last time I ordered a pizza for delivery, the owner himself delivered it. Ruffino's is a hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant where you can get good food cheap. It is our choice for getting Italian food when eating out.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          I agree. I did not expect a free, or even discounted, pizza. The comment was added because of all the reports in this forum of people demanding, and getting, freebies.
                          Sorry.
                          I read that right after getting off work and dealing with a rash of total assholes. We cool?
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I've been to Rose Island in the Bahamas where they filmed Gilligan's Island. It was all trashy. We snorkeled and played volleyball and had some crappy food. Yay for me!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                              Sorry.
                              I read that right after getting off work and dealing with a rash of total assholes. We cool?
                              We cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X