This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience at Little Caesars

First off, not sure if this belongs, feel free to move.

I'm back home in Pittsburgh visiting my 'rents for two weeks. Last night (saturday) my family decided to order pizza. A Little Caesars opened up right down the road (there was one right by there until 1997 or so) and I suggested we order there as I get Little Caesars in VA often (Hot-N-Ready) but my mom HAS to get mushrooms and dad wanted supreme. So I phoned it in, and was told it would be ready in 10 minutes, and each supreme would be "around $8" and the mushroom-only was $6.

We got there 15 minutes later to discover the staff hadn't even started our order (When we (me and dad) got there, the cashier couldn't find our order and asked what we ordered, and then claimed they had the pizzas ready but "they went bad". So we waited 15 minutes for the pizzas.

The total came to about $27 which was contradictory to what I was told on the phone. My father and I just paid and left, as they were getting busy and didn't want to put up a fight. My father suggested to me that they give us the pizzas for free. We noticed that the staff was moving VERY slowly and talking very slowly as well (it took the cashier a whole minute to hand back 41 cents to my father, no joke there).

Now, we made sure the pizzas were correct and they were. Admittedly, they were very good and tasty. My father is now turned off on them.

Now, in their defense, i don't think their specialty is supreme - they push "Hot-N-Ready" for $5.99, one topping, cheese or pepperoni. Do you think it was our fault for ordering specialties? Do you think it might be wise to call and complain? I really am not sure they know how to run a shop - your opinions will be welcomed - thank you :-)

As an ex-employee of Little Caesar's...here's my advice:

Never order pizza from them again. Ever.

RUN AWAY.
    "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Thyey have gone so far downhill since they came out with the hot-n-ready. Their employees got so used to just sliding a pizza out that making a pizza with more then one item that they really don't know what to do.

Anyone remember the great big huge paper wrap they used for two pizzas? I miss that.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Anyone remember the great big huge paper wrap they used for two pizzas? I miss that.
        I remember and miss that.

And now I want pizza. again
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MoxisPilot View Post
          As an ex-employee of Little Caesar's...here's my advice:

Never order pizza from them again. Ever.

RUN AWAY.
          I want stories and I want them now, damn it!
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            I want stories and I want them now, damn it!
            I agree sounds like there should be 2 or 3 threads worth of suck there.
            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

How long ago did they open? If it was recently, then they are all new and still have a lot of learning to do. I try to never go to a restaurant that has recently opened. I usually give them a good month to get all the kinks out and get some experience under their belt.

Comment

Former Little Caesar's employee/Asst Mgr here.

I've rarely seen such a wide discrepancy of quality in a chain. One summer I worked in three different stores on a regular basis, two of which were A/A+ and the third was a big flapping F.

If you find a good store, it's OK pizza. Otherwise, it crappy stuff.

And while sometimes the store kinda breaks down and everything goes haywire, it is absolutely NOT your fault for ordering the pizza YOU want. You found a crappy store there.

Yeah, I got a few stories from that place...
                Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Comment

Oh yes, two spongy crusted, greasy, square pizzas on a long piece of cardboard wrapped in paper. Mmmmm! Those were the good times! Of course, I also ate cold McD cheesburgers, cold Taco Bell crunchy tacos (the shell softens when the bright orange grease soaks through!), and generic 69 cent 3 Liter sodas, so this is for a specific subset of 'good times'.

Comment

Little Caesars is my source for quick and cheap pizza, and I get what I expect. I also love the no nonsense counter service, step out for something and your pie comes up? Ifn its something that's supposed to be ready and waiting, they'll give it to the next customer on the list. Its fun to watch, and its resulted in me getting a pie in 5 minutes when there's a 20 minute wait.
                    Seph
                    Taur10
                    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Does LC still have those breadsticks with the pepperoni baked in.

Divine.

I miss it.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Due to difficulties getting my admittedly weird orders right and delivered on time, I'm moved all my pizza business to Domino's online. Not only have they gotten my order exactly right everytime, but once when I placed an even weirder order than usual (sauce on half the pizza, no sauce on the other half), they called me to confirm (not more than 2 minutes after placing the order)!

So yeah, I don't even eat LC's anymore. Not worth the hassle.
                        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Gruesome View Post
                          Yeah, I got a few stories from that place...
                          So do I, involving myself on two local news stations.
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

When I worked at a Little Caesar's in management (never worked there as a non-management position), everything under me ran quick, efficient and smoothly. 20 orders for up to 50 pizzas could be done in 45 minutes with just me working (literally) - meaning answering the phones, making the pizzas, cooking, cutting and ringing them up. Give me another employee and I could've doubled that easily. Some employees were worthless though... but overall.

Go back one month before I was there -- and you'd get a 45 min wait for cheesebread. The employees were so incompotent that they got confused with that, served food that you wouldn't eat yourself -- and they were having sex on the back tables minutes before fixing things on them (literally.... they got complaints from customers that saw sex going on when they were going to pick up their pizza).

Sadly as with all things, the ability of the employees varies from one place to another. Of course if employees are used to a single topping, they might "forget" how to do another one just from lack of doing it -- and mistakes could be made.

Comment

may I say, this is why Salt Lake is fortunate to have 5 Buck Pizza (same idea as the hot n ready, but with real pizza)...

and yeah, I'm with the whole, never go to LC crowd... with the exception of the Hot N Ready there really isn't any redeaming qualities about their pizza.
                              Personally, I'm a fan of Nick N Willies take n bake (still have my free pizza that I need to use... now I'm hungry)
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X