This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw John McCain today

... or at least a shadow that looked like him on his bus...

So, yeah, this is now officially the closest I've ever been to a presidential candidate (previously the closest I got was 3 blocks away stuck in a traffic jam waiting for Mr. Bush's motorcade to pass).

But I must say, his bus driver has my respect in that, unlike locals, he knows how to READ signs and get in the right lane to get on the freeway... Nevadans haven't figured out that lesson, despite the huge signs and arrows painted on the road.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Reminds me of a piece on the radio yesterday when they were giving out points (no idea what they could be redeemed for) for spotting politicians in the past week or so. Two points for a politician canvassing, and more points for politicians of greater notoriety/status etc. One spot was Edwina Currie, and she got a much greater score for having committed rumpy pumpy with a serving prime minister while a serving MP herself.

The icing on the cake for me, though, was the guy who phoned in to say he'd recently seen Harold Wilson's grave. Granted, this was a former prime minister, albeit deceased, but they only granted him basic points. I'd have disqualified the caller for not being sporting - dead prime ministers don't exactly move around much.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      ... or at least a shadow that looked like him on his bus...
      The zombie apocalypse is coming! Prepare your crosses and holy water!

Comment

Quoth DerangedHermit View Post
        The zombie apocalypse is coming! Prepare your crosses and holy water!
        Crosses and Holy Water are for VAMPIRES...

ZOMBIES require a torch and a shotgun...

geez, get it right!
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
          ZOMBIES require a torch and a shotgun...
          No torch! Chainsaw! You bring a torch, you've got flaming zombies, which just sucks.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            No torch! Chainsaw! You bring a torch, you've got flaming zombies, which just sucks.
            Nope, fire kills zombies..eventually, it also keeps the "extra parts" from crawling around after you blast them with the shotgun.

The chainsaw was for the demons, since they're immune to fire

Comment

Oh and "flaming zombies" are only a problem if you happen to encounter the rare "running zombie".

Otherwise, the zombie drops before it gets to you

Comment

Or go the traditional route, and shove holy wafers or salt in their mouth.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I'm currently working on brushing up on my tree climbing abilities and coming up with a fragrance/scent that repels zombies or camoflauges you.

My little brother read a book that said you could always break your stairs, so they couldn't get up.

But it depends on what kind we're dealing with. Some zombies can run, some just stand there and drool until fresh blood comes along.

If they're vampire zombies like in 30 Days of Night, we're fucked until the sun comes up.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've actually kinda thought that McCain looks like Grandpa from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                      I've actually kinda thought that McCain looks like Grandpa from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
                      See I thought he looked like Grandpa Munster

Comment

Zombie Harmony...because the Apocalypse doesn't have to be lonely.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          You bring a torch, you've got flaming zombies, which just sucks.
                          Sounds like something tasty for which Jester would have a recipe.
                          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I saw a picture of Abraham Lincoln in Wikipedia. Does that count as spotting a "politician"?...lol.

Comment

I once saw Monica Lewinsky in New York. She was once "spotted" by a politician.
                              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                              X