This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battle of the shower?

My mum is legally disabled and because of this she swims to keep her mobility in her legs up. At the local gym, which is run by the city council (non profit) they have a heated pool that she uses.They have a lift for disabled access as well as a private shower and bathroom.

Two days ago she goes to the pool in the morning and after her session goes to the handicap bathroom, now she walks with an aid and cant move fast. She goes to use the shower, and there is no hot water....
    As she is due at work she doesnt have time to go home and sucks it up and takes a shower with all cold water.... its winter right now so she is FREEZING

As she leaves she stops by the counter and asks if they are aware that there is not hot water, the woman on the counter says "I put up a sign!!!"
    Mum asks if she has put up a sign on the handicap bathroom (which again is in a seperate location) to which she replies... "no, no one uses it"
    Mum fills out a comment card. She also asked when the lift would be fixed and was told "soon".... she leaves a little frustrated.

The next day before her swim she stops at the counter and asks if the handicap shower is working and gets told that "yes its working"
    so she goes for her swim and then to shower and lo and behold there is NO HOT WATER AGAIN!!!!!

she again stops by the counter and informs the girl that it is not working because there is no hot water.... she gets this reply

"you asked if it was working not if the hot water was working!"

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

are you serious, you have to specify if the shower is working with HOT water now.... a shower that has always had hot water in the past......

Staff like that are the reason that the rest of retail workers get such a bum rap!!!

Mum filled out another comment card, the manager called and apologuised for the "misunderstanding" and told her that the girl was new....
    Last edited by Kiwi; 08-03-2008, 06:31 AM. Reason: spellng
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

What a dolt....
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yes.. It's people who don't belong dealing with the public, who start the vicious cycle. That and over-entitled morons.. yeesh..

Comment

Because the girl was new doesn't make it right.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Because the girl was new doesn't make it right.
          Quoted for truth.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That sucks, what's the point of the shower working if there's no hot water?
            Although, I have to say I can be dense sometimes and answer questions literally like that. Once I answered the phone and my brother's friend mother was on the other end. She asked "Is *name* there?" I said Yes and then waited. She waits for a minute and goes "Can I speak to him?" I was like "OH!"
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
              That sucks, what's the point of the shower working if there's no hot water?
              my middle school actually turned off the hot water to the girl's showers to "save money". Their reason was the boys in sports need the hot water for their showers more than the girls. My parents saw that was fixed real quick. Mainly because we were REQUIRED to shower, and I came down with pneumonia.
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X