This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not expecting a thank you...

...but I think a scowl was uncalled for.

A short one, from my grocery store run last night.

I was headed out of the parking lot when I noticed the pickup truck in front of me had two glass drink bottles on the back bumper, a frappachino and a Sobe, I think. I see the driver has his window down, so I yell up to him about the drinks on the bumper. The guy gets out, and throws me the "if looks could kill" glare while he grabs the bottles. He then peels out when he gets going again.

Apparently there is some culture where this is a deadly insult. Who knew?
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Having a (un)healthy hatred of litter I'd have thanked you myself, perhaps he's having a bad day, perhaps he's allergic to glass, or more than is likely he was a tosspot and couldn't find anyone else to glare at.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I'm guessing he was either embarressed, or he wanted to watch them fly off the bumper and break, or he was conducting an experiment to see how long they would sit there.

Comment

I wasn't completely clear in my post:

These were full, brand-spanking-new, full bottles of drink. Not empties. Still no clue as to what the problem was, since I probably saved him some wasted cash.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          I'm guessing he was either embarressed, or he wanted to watch them fly off the bumper and break, or he was conducting an experiment to see how long they would sit there.
          My dad once had a little 20oz bottle of Pepsi sit on the back of his truck and stay; through going down the drive way (a steep incline), up the hill to get into town (another steep incline), drive through town, sit on the bumper while he enjoyed his two hours of coffee and gossip at the local Huddle House, the RETURN trip back to the house.... and it was STILL there. He spent an hour looking for his stupid soda and it was still on the bumper!

Those bottles sure can hang on to things.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
          X