This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    Did the mechanic not hear of the recall?
    Well, when I arrived with my car, I explained to him the reason I was worried about my engine was because my car was one of the cars being recalled. I just don't think he listens when I speak. I know he was aware of the recall because he thought, since he apparently loves to hear his own voice, he needed to explain to me what the recall was all about. I have received many letters and phone calls regarding the recall, so I know what it's all about. I can't wait until this recall thing is taken care of so I can quit going to the dealership for simple things like oil changes. Although, my dad advises that I should go to the dealership (or a dealership) until my warranty is up so if something else turns out to be wrong with my car because of the current problem, they can't blame the problem on the other mechanic. Who knew buying a new car would turn out to be such an incredible pain? That was the reason I didn't buy a used one!
    "Most lies about blondes are false."
    - Cincinnati Times-Star, headline
    "If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life." --Tommy Lasorda

Comment

Quoth officegirl View Post
      Although, my dad advises that I should go to the dealership (or a dealership) until my warranty is up so if something else turns out to be wrong with my car because of the current problem, they can't blame the problem on the other mechanic.
      I went to the dealership until the warranty ran out for the same reason. That, and it was only a short walk to work But seriously, the manufacturer could always claim that an "unauthorized mechanic" caused the problem...so it's better to be safe than sorry. I'd also be a bit leery about modifying the car (new stereo, lights, etc.) until the warranty is out as well. You can thank the many ricers who "fixed up" their cars....and then tried to blame the manufacturers when their cars started handling like overladen hippos

And yes, my car got recalled in 2001. It wasn't anything serious--something with the ignition coil. Even so, the dealership didn't hassle me about it. I called them up, told them that my car was recalled...and all I had to do was bring in the recall form.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth officegirl View Post
        And running out of oil means there was none in my car. I checked it, the dipstick was completely dry. I ended up having to put in 2 quarts of oil before it would even register on the dipstick. It was bad news.
        It may not be as bad as you think. You had to put in 2 quarts. Now, I looked it up, the capacity depends on the engine size. If you hava a 1.8 liter engine, you have a 3.1 quart capacity, if a 2.0 liter engine, a 4.0 quart capacity and if a 2.5 liter engine has a 4.1 quart capacity. So depending on engine size, you may be okay.

Comment

Working...
        X