This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE!!!

Sorry, I forgot about this thread for a minute there!!

Ok, so store manager (SM) called the company and informed them he was filing a claim, etc, etc, and cited my last call with the idiot rep. Company began denying, as per usual, until SM pointed out they only had to check their records since they're calls are recorded for quality assurance. And, if that was problematic, they could have OUR recording of the same call.

Company became REALLY eager to comply then, and they started the claims process. Well, as this was going on, (it was a loooooooong involved phone call, since it WAS $9000 worth of law books), I'm working in receiving, processing web orders. Well, while I'm back there, our loading dock bell sounds and it's our Roadway freight driver.

Want to hazard a guess on what he was delivering??

After I stopped laughing, I went up to SM's office and knocked on the door, apologized for interrupting and told him the following.

Me: Hey, SM, sorry for the interruption, but we just got a delivery.
    SM: So, you know how to handle that.
    Me: Yeah, but I thought you'd like to see the paperwork... <Hands it over>
    SM: <Reads it and realizes it's the Company order he's filing a claim about, the one that's already been "delivered"> You're shitting me...
    Me: Nope!
    SM: <Sighs> Great, now I have to express my disappointment and start a whole new batch of paperwork for a separate claim...thanks a lot.
    Me: I'm just the messenger. Have fun with that phone call... <Skips out>

So, recap.

1. Told by sucky rep that shipment was delivered earlier this month on two different days, one of which we were shut down for because of emergency weather.
    2. Sucky rep refused to give tracking info or who signed for package.
    3. SM filed a short ship claim with Company, and while in the process, shipment arrived. Obviously NOT on the days earlier in the month according to sucky rep.
    4. SM is peeved he now has to file a separate sort of claim, for something or other, I didn't catch the exact gist of it. But it's probably going to involve all sorts of hell for the idiot rep.

Is it wrong of me to feel sort of giddy about this...?

Comment

5 gets you 10 it was loaded on the outbound truck after you called the first time a few days ago
      "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
        5 gets you 10 it was loaded on the outbound truck after you called the first time a few days ago
        Agreed!

At least the books came in but someone should definately be hearing about their reluctance to help you guys with the order they f**ked up on.

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
          Actually, given the length of time between the initial phone call and the arrival of the actual shipment (about a week), I'm guessing they hadn't even picked the order yet. So my guess is they put an inhouse rush on it, picked it and threw it on the first truck they could find. But you'd still technically win the bet, since the order was sent with extreme haste, in a way. Generally when freight orders that large are shipped, it only takes 2-3 days to reach us from this particular vendor.

Hopefully, I can find out what happened to that idiot rep, and the outcome of the other claim, but I'm not banking on it. I am, in the end, just a lowly textbook monkey, and not management, so yeah...

If I get anymore updates I'll let y'all know!

Comment

Working...
          X