This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-in-1 SC: Weight, Clothes, Money & Debt

I took the bus to work today. The car was in the shop. At the bus stop, I encountered some interesting people. Or, rather, I encountered two semi-normal people and one SC.

To set the scene, we have three people:
    "SC" - The one doing most of the talking.
    "FD" - SC's friend, wearing nothing but denim.
    "BF" - SC's boyfriend.
    The three were all fairly overweight. "FD" and "BF" looked like they had things somewhat under control. "SC," on the other hand, was the unhealthy kind of overweight where everything sags and jiggles and where walking has been replaced by waddling, which still wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't also working on her own personal full-size bag of Doritos and commenting about how she wanted to be thinner.

Anyway, here are pieces of the conversation I heard at the bus stop.

Fudge Smudge
    SC: Wait, what's this spot on my shirt? Is that chocolate?
    BF: Yeah, I think so.
    SC: Ugh! (smugly) Well! Fashion Bug is getting this back!
    FD: How is it their fault?
    SC: Duh, they sold it to me!
    FD: How long have you had it?
    SC: Since May. But I just took the tags off this morning. Those idiots at Fashion Bug should know better than to sell stained clothes!

Currency Confusion
    SC: You know what a dime is?
    BF: Y- yeah...
    SC: You know what I read? I heard somewhere that some people don't think dimes are real money. Isn't that weird? I mean, I could understand it if they meant pennies, but not dimes.

Phone Follies
    SC: (answers cell phone) What!
    SC: Who are you?
    SC: I didn't buy anything from you.
    SC: No, I don't! I don't owe anybody anything for anything!
    SC: Well, they're just lying to you to get my money because they're mad I switched companies.
    SC: I told you they're lying! I don't owe anything, and you need to tell them to leave me alone. (hangs up) Idiots! I don't owe any money.

Then, as she was recounting to BF how many times he kissed her yesterday, where they were, where the kiss was planted, how long it lasted, and how much she enjoyed it, the bus showed up. The three of them smashed themselves all onto one of the seats at the front reserved for the handicapped and elderly where they stayed even though an older couple got on shortly afterward and had to shuffle toward the back of the bus.

And as I was getting off the bus, I heard SC saying something to the driver about the bus running a little behind schedule and she wasn't going to let him make her late for something.

I pity her friends.
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Huh...interesting what some things one can see/hear when not where they would be normally. Now I understand why my Mom likes to people watch.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      I pity her friends.
      What friends? I'm amazed she even has a boyfriend.

Hey Aethian, I love to people watch.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I dont see how her weight played into her suckiness?
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          ... if she wasn't also working on her own personal full-size bag of Doritos and commenting about how she wanted to be thinner...
          That clear it up a bit? She's saying she wants to be thin, but is munching away on a full-size bag of chips by herself like it's a regular snack-size bag.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            Huh...interesting what some things one can see/hear when not where they would be normally. Now I understand why my Mom likes to people watch.
            I've decided I'll take the bus to my new p/t job at least for awhile/until the weather gets too bad, for just that reason.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Aaah, public transportation. It's an anthropological study in and of itself.

I take the bus everywhere, since I don't have a car, and oh, the gems I've picked up. I've even been proposed to on the bus. Twice!! It's also like a magnet for a certain breed of SCs, it really, really is. the stories I could tell...

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                Kiwi is right. There is nothing inherently sucky about being overweight. So what if she's eating Doritos and talking about wanting to be thinner? This is absolutely no one's business but her own.

The other things that HawaiianShirts overheard are a different matter, because these things involve behaviour that make our jobs dealing with customers harder. So let's focus on that part of the post, please.

As far as I am concerned, any discussion about weight is now over.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

FD: How long have you had it?
                  SC: Since May. But I just took the tags off this morning. Those idiots at Fashion Bug should know better than to sell stained clothes!
                  Wow, I never knew store tags had a magical ability to deflect any and all dirt
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    Aaah, public transportation. It's an anthropological study in and of itself.

I take the bus everywhere, since I don't have a car, and oh, the gems I've picked up. I've even been proposed to on the bus. Twice!! It's also like a magnet for a certain breed of SCs, it really, really is. the stories I could tell...

I've taken the bus to and from work, everyday, for four years now. The things I've seen and heard.......
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      Kiwi is right. There is nothing inherently sucky about being overweight.

As far as I am concerned, any discussion about weight is now over.
                      Fair enough.

---

Re: the SC - I'm just curious now about this woman's attempt to return a stained shirt three months after purchase. Would love to be a fly on the wall there.

Re: People-watching - I used to people-watch quite often. I don't have enough time anymore, but I used to go to the airport (when one could still get to the gates without a ticket) for that purpose. I wasn't looking for sucky customer sightings at the time, of course. I was just there to pass the time and make up stories about the people I saw.
                      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                      - IPF

Comment

Re: the SC - I'm just curious now about this woman's attempt to return a stained shirt three months after purchase. Would love to be a fly on the wall there.
                        Through the magic of CS.com you have been. But let me recap for you just in case

(insert cool wavy transition effect here)

SC: I want to return this shirt. It has a stain on it.

Employee (hereafter E): Do you have your receipt?

SC: No I don't have no receipt. I shouldn't need one.

E: *sighs wishing the SC would die* Ok, how long ago did you purchase it?

SC: It was at the end of May.

E: Ma'am I'm afraid even with a receipt that is outside of our 30 day return policy. I can't take this back.

SC: What *blarglefoamspitswear*

E: Ma'am please calm down and don't use that language there are children here.

SC: I'll speak to you any way I want get me your manager.

M: Yes Ma'am how can I help you.

SC: This rude b**** won't give me a refund for my stained 3 month old shirt.

M: Well Ma'am that is outside of the return policy. Do you have your receipt?

SC: No, did I mention she was rude to me?

M: I'm sorry Ma'am I can't refund it.

SC: *blarglespitswearblargle* And what are you going to do about her being rude to me?

M: Ma'am please calm down. I've decided that since I don't have a spine I'm going to refund this for you and we will make sure to properly discipline E for you.

SC: Now thats more like it, the customer is always right....

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
                          I've taken the bus to and from work, everyday, for four years now. The things I've seen and heard.......
                          I'm working on almost four years m'self. And yes, public transit is a unique education in and of itself...thus, the need for an mp3 player and a good book.

Not that that's stopped people anyways, but I can still hope. What really sucks are those you can hear OVER your music and the sucky bus drivers who don't do anything about it!

Comment

I just wonder how that SC has friends let alone a man with that attitude.

Where the hell did she get off thinking that she can return a stained shirt THREE months after buying it?!! It's not like the shirts were supposed to be stain proof with laminate or scotchguard.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Now wait a minute. All 3 of these yahoos sit in disabled/elderly seats and make others tromp to the back of the bus. I know people can have hidden ailments, but I tend to think all three of these people are sucky, not just the one woman.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X