Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumba** tech almost gets me evicted (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumba** tech almost gets me evicted (long)

I rent an appt..
    On Monday my air conditioning broke. Tech came and looked it over said it needed to be off for awhile and left. He came back on Tuesday and fixed it. Yah all is good, nope

Yesterday there was a letter on my door from management.
    "notice of non-compliance"
    "complaints - Dmg to unit, not picking up after pets, unauthorized pets.
    "You have a cat without a pet policy the cat has dmg'ed the unit. You must sign a pet agreement and pay the pet deposit of $200, plus the monthly fee of $25 from this point further"

I called the office and the manager said the tech reported a cat, and that there was cat feces all over the appt. and that my rental agreement does not mention a pet so I need to pay the fees or I will be evicted.

I tried to explain that on my original contract I reported having 2 cats. There was a little mix-up when I signed the first year lease. If you been apt hunting in the last few years the renters usually make you fill out a card with name, address etc and if you have pets, to which I marked yes, 2 cats. But on the lease it noted no pets. So before I signed I said I have cats. The whole time before the lease part I must have mentioned cats at least a dozen times since it is so hard to find apts that allow pets. Never once was a pet policy explained to me, pet deposit or a $25 extra for rent each month for each animal. I told her I couldnt afford that and that I couldnt sign the lease. The manager decided not to charge me the deposit and no monthly fees. All was well, then....

But yesterday she was getting all pissy saying she never did that, I have unauthorized pets and she was going to come and investigate the supposed appt full of cat shit.

I freaked out all day trying to call her back. She finally called me back at about 5pm and said she did find the pet notice on my first lease and apologized. But still said she needed to look at the appt. I told her that the tech mistook cat hairballs for poop cause in a gross kind of way they look the same. And that I clean up after them regularly. And as for the litter box, I clean it once a week so its never in real bad shape. The problem was the AC unit is in a little mini closet like space so I have my litter boxes in there so the tech was standing next to the litter box while he worked. Of course that will smell no matter how much, little or alot, crap is in the box

Oh and my mom pays for a cleaning woman to clean every 2 weeks (I have problems getting around due to some physical and mental reasons) so the cleaning woman helps with the harder stuff. So I know my appt isn't filthy.

Manager is coming on Monday to take a look and I hope to get another apology.
    And boy would I like to speak to that AC tech for reporting all that crap on me.

Due to my mental issues I was a total wreck, heavy depression - panic attack, rince repeat all day. Yesterday sucked
    Last edited by Miyon; 08-16-2008, 08:34 PM.
    Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

If I was you I'd make a sign that says, "Snitchin' ass bitch" in black capital letters and tape it to the back of his truck.

Brainiac can't even get his facts straight. Or should I say, someone else's facts straight. If you're gonna snitch at least make sure you're getting the right information.
    Last edited by ditchdj; 08-16-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

As a kitty mommy myself, yes, hairballs do look like poop. If your cats are suffering from a large amount of hairballs, I highly suggest looking into the shedless treatments out there. I get them for my kitties twice a year and it has helped reduce the amount of hairballs from my kitties.

You might want to save a hairball and just show her that this is what was seen, it's not poop, then show her an example of poop. It might be gross, but it will show the manager there is a huge difference.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

What business is it of a techs? Hell people are so rude. I love those animal cops shows but I think it has made some idiots too worried. They think everything is abuse and neligent.I had one woman at work get in my face because I give my dogs a occasional bite of meat and because I gave my pommie a summer lion cut.All of which the vet told me is fine.He says that my dogs are basically wild animals and they need the occasional piece of meat.Some landlords are weird too.My landlord has to give me advanced notice before he comes in...Why because hes scared of my pommie and pomchi.Both of which weight 20 pounds. As for the tech I would call his boss and tell what happened.This tech needs to mind his own business,hes the type to get someone in serious trouble.If this tech is employed by the apartment complex.I would confront him and be nice but firmly tell him to F**K off.

Comment

At my previous apartment, I had a cat when I moved in. They too, charged a pet deposit and an additional $20 per month rent. The manager at the time I moved in did not charge me the deposit or the additional rent, as she said that was directed mainly at the people who had dogs. The management position for that complex was something of a musical chairs. Sometimes, a manager would last only a month or two before another took over. I often worried that I would have problems because I was not charged for my cat, so I always tried to contain her in the spare bedroom anytime maintenance was due to come in. Fortunately, they always gave us advance notice. Also, the OP should try giving the cats Petromalt about once a month. I found that this really helped with the hairball problem. Many of the cat foods now also offer a hairball relief formula. I never tried it with my cat because she was so picky that if I changed her food she would refuse to eat.
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I have three cats and only one of them pukes out hairballs. I think thats because he mommies the two younger cats, licking them clean. (which is one of the cutest things to see)
            I have tried a number of things to help him but no good results.
            I havent heard of shedless treatments or Petromalt. Ill look check them out this week. Thanks for the info.

As for the tech, he is employed by the apt management. If I do see him again Im not sure if I could say much, I would chicken out and I would also fear he would complain to the manager and I would be in trouble again or something.

On a quick note (gives me a , there are a lot of stray cats about and I found a cat that attached to me pretty quickly. The apts have a storage closet right off the porch and the cat liked to sleep in it at night. One night, 2 weeks ago, my step-kitty gave me a new present in the form of the cutest baby kitten ever.
            Miyon

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
              As a kitty mommy myself, yes, hairballs do look like poop. If your cats are suffering from a large amount of hairballs, I highly suggest looking into the shedless treatments out there. I get them for my kitties twice a year and it has helped reduce the amount of hairballs from my kitties.

You might want to save a hairball and just show her that this is what was seen, it's not poop, then show her an example of poop. It might be gross, but it will show the manager there is a huge difference.
              There is a special hairball dry kibble type food and also a treat for keeping hairballs minimized, but I have found that brushing them daily to get the loose hair off so they don't ingest a lot of loose hairs while grooming works about the best. Not to mention my attention sl*t of a cat loves the grooming. Well, I have to admit I love grooming Jezabel and find it relaxing=) My mom swears by the container of cat grass you can get in a pet store and grow for them to eat as well, but my cat thinks that stuff is the work of the devil and refuses to consider eating it ...
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I'm not sure why you're so angry at the tech, considering that he works for the property management. If he thought you were violating your lease and causing damage to the apartment, then why should he keep it a secret from the people who employ him?

I agree the management handled it in a somewhat sucky manner, but the tech was just doing his job.
                Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Shouldn't the tech have talked to you about it first before he ran off snitching to management?
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm not sure why you're so angry at the tech, considering that he works for the property management. If he thought you were violating your lease and causing damage to the apartment, then why should he keep it a secret from the people who employ him?
                    If you're gonna snitch, at least MAKE SURE the facts are straight. He also nearly got her evicted. Sure, she would have won if it made it to court, but loook at all the stress and aggravation it would have caused.

Comment

Im mainly upset with the tech reporting that there was cat feces everywhere and there was dmg to the appt. Neither of which is true.
                      My cats have never done their business anywhere but the litter box. Never a drop of feces anywhere in the appt except the litter box. And there is no dmg to the appt whatsoever.
                      The issue about unauthorized pets what just a mistake the manager made but the part about the filthy appt was all because of the tech. When I spoke with the manager on Friday she said the tech made it seem like my place was like one of those you see on tv with cat crap everywhere. Thats why I am pissed at the tech.

Well tomorrow she is coming to check the place out so hopefully that will put an end to this and I can relax. Been wound up tight since Friday.
                      Miyon

Comment

Good luck. Hopefully once things are straightened out the tech will also get a talking to...It seems that the tech doesn't like pets/cats or is taking the "no pets" clause a wee bit too seriously.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                        X