This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it's ID.........

This is something i witnessed last night.

So i'm in my local Morrisons after work to pick up a bottle of Jamesons for purely medicinal purposes, when i run into this gem.
    I'm in the line waiting and theres two emo kiddies in the line infront of me buying 2, 24 cases of carling.

*squeeky emo one* Just that please
    *Cashier* Can i see some ID please?
    *Squeeky emo Girl* *whine mode* Buuuuuuuut we just drove here!!
    *Cashier* Theres a cafe behind me, then a wall, THEN the car park, i couldnt see if you flew here. Can i see some ID please
    I snorted at that they both turned round to glare then realised that their eyeline was level with my chest then faced the cashier again. Squeeky emo 1 is rooting about in his wallet and produces his drivers licence Cashier looks at it
    *Cashier* You know all this has done is prooved your 17 dont you?
    *Squeeky emo 1* *whine mode* Buuuuuuuut we just drove here!!
    *Cashier*I cant sell you that your underage, now if thats everything that you wanted, i have customers to serve
    *Squeeky emo 1**whispers* Are you sure no one will know
    *Squeeky emo girl* buuuuuuuuuuuuut it's ID
    *Cashier* I'm sorry but no, now please move on
    *Squeeky emo 1* bu..
    At this point evan i was getting testy i wanted a drink damnit, so i politlely coughed and they got the hint and scurried off

What i cant figure out is are really that dumb to either think A) The cashiers gonna risk her job by not checking that D.O.B, Or that whineing like that would work
    All of these things the worker has done
    From tilling the fields to carrying the gun
    We've been yoked to the plough since time first began
    And always expected to carry the can.

Quoth Titchyboy View Post
    What i cant figure out is are really that dumb to either think A) The cashiers gonna risk her job by not checking that D.O.B, Or that whineing like that would work
    I'll go for broke and guess all of the above.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

At least they attempted to purchase it instead of outright stealing it. At the store I work at we have a major shoplifting problem. Kids are always stealing the booze, and we're so short-staffed, underpayed, and overworked that its really up to the management alone to try to catch them.

Comment

What i cant figure out is are really that dumb to either think A) The cashiers gonna risk her job by not checking that D.O.B,
        I saw that work once.
        My Pointless Links collection.

Comment

When I bought booze on my 21st, the cashier did a double-take on me before realizing, "Ohhhh, it's your birthday!"

Here in Texas, if you're under 21, your ID/License will say so in bold red letters.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

LOL! I had a guy once try to tell me he was old enough to buy beer just because he had a beard. My response was that I was capable of growing a beard by 16, so that's irrelevant. Then again, I'm known for pointing out to the "no ID" people that it might be time to invest in a wallet so they can carry it.
            The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

What better place to whine than a wine shop?
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                What better place to whine than a wine shop?
                A cheese shop?

</ducks>

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Oy. Almost as bad as the doofus who tried to buy beer, then when I asked to see his ID, showed me his High School ID!

Yep, kiddies, whine about showing your ID. Congratulations, you've just proved you're too immature to be treated as adults.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    A cheese shop?
                    Do they have a bouzouki player?

</ducks along with Bandit>

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                      When I bought booze on my 21st, the cashier did a double-take on me before realizing, "Ohhhh, it's your birthday!"

Here in Texas, if you're under 21, your ID/License will say so in bold red letters.
                      Same with Illinois. Also a lot of places will not serve alcohol to anyone with "UNDER 21" on their ID/DL irregardless of when the birthday was.
                      Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

produces his drivers licence
                        Cashier looks at it
                        *Cashier* You know all this has done is prooved your 17 dont you?
                        Huh? Unless the DOB was off, what's wrong with giving a driver's license as ID?
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

It's not the showing of (valid) ID itself that proved they were 17, it's the fact that said ID had their DOB on it, which is what I think the OP was getting at. As in, they knew they were underage, but figured showing ID would get them the goods, instead of realizing that showing ID would merely prove they're too young.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                            Same with Illinois. Also a lot of places will not serve alcohol to anyone with "UNDER 21" on their ID/DL irregardless of when the birthday was.
                            I don't know if it's state or local where I worked, but the under 21 IDs weren't valid for alcohol no matter the age of the customer.

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                              LOL! I had a guy once try to tell me he was old enough to buy beer just because he had a beard. My response was that I was capable of growing a beard by 16, so that's irrelevant. Then again, I'm known for pointing out to the "no ID" people that it might be time to invest in a wallet so they can carry it.
                              I had someone try using their Tattoo as proof of their age, saying "But you have to be 19 to get a tattoo!", I politely informed them that all you can get a tattoo with your parent's permission, and that I knew lots of people in Junior high with Tattoos.
                              “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                              X