This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service Sux

I was in line Friday afternoon at the DMV renewing my car registration, which is always, always, a horrible experience, with the line c r e e p ing along like it always does (can't do anything about it)... when the women in front of me start talking about the serious lack of customer service today.

SC1: "There's absolutely NO such thing as customer service anymore."
    SC2: "That's because everything is so profit-driven. All companies care about is getting their money."

And I'm thinking, what planet are these people on? If anything, companies are pushing customer service MORE and MORE trying to get repeat business. I should know since I've had a million jobs and have been through Orientation/Training a million times.

We (customer service slaves) try to be polite and respectful and do a good job. Then SuckAss Customers come through and piss all over our happy, hard work. Which makes us more of a watered-down version of the perfect employee, hardened by the amount of crap that we take.

I'm SICK of hearing about the LACK of customer service these days! Bahhh!!!

It's not a lack of customer service, it's a lack of people getting what they want. Too often complaints of "bad" customers service is nothing but some whiney assed entitlement whore bitching because he didn't get his way. I've been doing various forms of CS for 12 years and it's just seems to be getting worse and worse. Someday I'm gonna loose my job cause someone's gonna say something assholish to me and I'm gonna finally snap.

The scary thing is I generally LIKE dealing with people. It's that damn 5% of them that make me wanna scream.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
      Everytime I hear someone saying the 'companies only care about money' line, I wish I could ask them for £50. When they say no, I guess THEY only care about money, too.. right?
      ...I'm gonna do that. WATCH ME. ...quick, someone get me a video camera!
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        ...quick, someone get me a video camera!
        I think mine's being used for something else.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Try paying closer attention when you go to the store. If you need help, MANY employees are hiding. Lots of them are clueless gits (that's why there are so many Cursing Out Coworkers posts).

Customer service HAS slipped. And, it's not just because many customers are EWs or SCs. It's because many workers also suck.

Humanity's suck-index is increasing daily.
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Working...
          X