This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get mad??

So, in April of this year, I went to a DVD/CD store that I rather like (awesome employees!) and ordered a Disturbed DVD for TTO's bday/our anniversary as he rather likes them.

It's on back order. Has been since then. Oh, and TTO's bday was 4 June. Should I call corp and complain? Or how should I go about this? They feel really badly about this (the store guys) so it's not their fault. I think the blame may lie with Gallo, and I don't want to order it via another store, as this place has given great service before this.

I also don't want to turn into an EW/SC. Please advise, good people of CS.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Having worked in a CD/DVD store I know how problems like this can arise.

I'm assuming that the music industry works the same in RSA as it does in the UK so here goes.

There is no central delivery for music stores, each label will deliver direct to the store, this is how it all works
    Store places order with head office (or direct with label is it's an independant)
    Head office places order with delivery details to label
    Label arranges courier service for stock from labels distribution centre to store direct.

Therefore as long as the order has been placed there is absolutely nothing that the store nor the head office can do, it's down to the label, either it's not in stock/they're pressing another run or they're dragging their feet.

Sorry.

It basically sucks, I'm technically still waiting for an order from HMV that I placed over a year ago however I know I'll never get it now.

I've found that the best bet to obtain hard to get CD/DVD product is the independant shops as they stock the hard to get/rare stuff as a draw as opposed to the High Street chains.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

As someone who's worked in the DVD production side of the business and seen the inner workings of Technicolor you are probably better off looking at a indi shop or looking to get it used. If you placed the order in april and it still isn't in then chances are that it may be out of print for your region and may not be repressed. For a pressing they would have to run at least a thousand copies and most likely a lot more then that for a run to be worth while. And being a band related disc like disturbed versus a Major Motion Picture, less people would be interested in buying it so the draw to press more is a lot less.

Another option for you, is if you can find a copy in another region, you can always rip it and convert it to your region (if this is legal in your country).

But used is probably your best bet at this point in time.
      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll ask the store guys if the dvd I ordered is currently in print, but AFAIK it is. Maybe I should just contact Gallo myself
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
        X