This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's polythene, not concrete

This one was courtesy of my Father when he went to <supermarket>.

He was in the queue watching the woman unload her shopping from her shopping trolley (cart), it a a deep cart rather than the shallow type.

She'd basically done her monthly shop and was rummaging around in the bottom of the trolly when she pulls out a curious package.

It was (emphasis on past tense) a loaf of bread. It now resembled Holland.

The lady then complained to the cashier that
    a) the bread was squashed and
    b) the polythene bag was split

To be honest my Father wasn't suprised at the above two points as not only had she placed every single heavy item directly atop the bread but also allowed her child to dance the fandango on top of it as well.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Someone should let the world know that squashed bread is the yummiest.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

People should get good, sturdy loaves.
      Most of what you're paying for in sliced bread is air.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        People should get good, sturdy loaves.
        Most of what you're paying for in sliced bread is air.
        Mmmmm, Artisan Bread. Gimmea a loaf with a crust you can practically stop bullets with (or use to hold stew!) and a dense, hearty, oh-so-yummy center over store-bought stuff any day.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

In my fantasyland head, the cashier is saying "My goodness, that's a silly mistake to have made with your bread. If you'd like to go get another loaf I'll wait with your other stuff and scan them both through for you."

My cynical other half however, tends to rule and is telling this first part of me to reduce the dosage.

Comment

I wonder if she treats her eggs the same way?!

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Mmmmm, Artisan Bread. Gimmea a loaf with a crust you can practically stop bullets with (or use to hold stew!) and a dense, hearty, oh-so-yummy center over store-bought stuff any day.
              Sweet jumping Jebus yes...

panera makes some killer country type miche, including one heavenly sourdough that is to die for!

Cant stand the fluffy white wonder crap in the stores... I'm diabetic and need to control the type and amount of my carbs, so if I have to limit them, I am going to go for the most bang for my dietary allowance.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Because obviously it's the store's fault she put the bread under all the heavy stuff. ::

Reminds me of this one customer I had. She'd bought a pretty pre-decorated cake in a cardboard cake box, which took up the entire bottom of one shopping cart. There literally was no room for other stuff in there with it, without setting it on top of the cake. She also had a good cart's worth of other stuff to buy.

I scanned the cake, and put it in the bottom of a cart. But despite having her two preteen/teenage children with her, perfectly capable of handling a second cart, she decided she wanted it all in the one cart. So I rang up her package of toilet paper, and carefully propped it against one edge of the cake box. The box was sturdy enough to not cave in, so long as nothing pushed on the toilet paper.

One of her kids leaned on the TP.

And the lady blamed me for it.

I got a "stern reprimand" from the head CSM (who understood my plight, but was bound by store policy to discipline me anyway), and the "lady" got a replacement cake.

And before you ask why I didn't put the TP under the cart, I'd already filled that little rack down there with all of her other bagged merchandise, which would have caved the box in and crushed the cake if I'd put it in the cart proper. When I got to the TP, I had no where else to put it, and the customer still did not fetch a new cart. ::sigh::
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  damn you dude now i want a real whole wheat bread!!!!! damn you!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X