This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cookie for you!

I'm at my friendly neighborhood market yesterday with my son. It's a monday and I always do a bunch of errands, which is hard with a 2 year old. Thankfully my son has learned that when he is good during the errands he gets a cookie from the market. If he's bad he gets nothing and a time out when he gets home.

Anyways, the store usually has out free cookies. However I know that they can only put out 2 boxes of these a day and when they are gone they are gone. We were running late so when we got there the box was gone and there wasn't any.

Now if I had gotten there earlier I would've asked the bakery gals to see if they just hadn't gotten the box out yet. I'm a regular during the day and know just about everyone on staff. They all adore my little boy too. Even if they have hit their quota the manage has actually gone and pulled a cookie out of tomorrow's boxes for the small fry. Said small fry does however understand that he doesn't always get a cookie if they are simply out or he's given me issues at all. Specially since I make it a point to go to the bakery area last.

Anyways, at this time you have the evening shift on. All college kids I don't know. So instead of getting a freebie I just go find the boxes they have for sale that they hope you'll buy when you try one. I grab a box and put it in my cart only to of course have my boy go "Cookie?" all confused. Since I'm buying the box anyways I pull a cookie out for him. He has been very good and I am getting the cookies anyways so no biggie.

I don't know what the heck this woman was thinking but her EW ways had no effect on this hardened mother of 1.

SW: stupid woman
    Me:

SW: Oh can I have a cookie for my little one here?
    Me: Excuse me?
    SW: You gave your son a cookie. Would you mind giving my little boy here one?
    Me: *pulling cart away from hers because her son started diving to steal my boy's cookie* Um. There's some right there you can buy for your child.
    SW: Oh but I only wanted one so he won't scream through the store.

Now part of me understands the woman's dilemma. My son has been bad and screamed pretty much the whole time we were in the store before. He saw someone else with a cookie and started throwing a fit that I didn't have one in my hand to give him so he didn't get one that day. He was demanding his reward early pretty much. However I think the woman's logic is backwards. You don't give a child a treat to prevent him from throwing a fit, you give it to him as a reward for being good like I was doing.

Me: Uh, Ma'am. These cookies are mine. Why don't you just buy your own box? *I'm thinking she will understand this logic*
    SW: Oh surely you can spare 1 cookie for a poor little boy.

Mind you by now. Said poor little boy is now throwing a fit because he can't get the cookie from mine due to me moving the cart. I am also getting irritated that this woman's whining and refusal to handle her spawn. I thought it amusing that while her boy was going nuts mine was giving him this look of "Oh boy are you doomed."

Me: I'm sorry I don't think your son needs a cookie Ma'am. I think he needs some discipline and tough love. As of right now he's learning that to get what he wants all he has to do is throw a fit, and that doesn't work to well later in life.
    SW: You won't give him a cookie?
    Me: Nope. If he was my son he'd be getting a swat to the butt right about now. *The kid started kicking his mom about then which I do not tolerate from my boy.*
    SW: You are a horrible mother miss! I feel sorry for your son.
    Me: Why thank you. I'll remember to tell my son that when he's a good member of society instead of the entitled punk yours will no doubt grow into due to your lack of spine.
    SW:
    Me: Have a nice day.

I swear I heard someone say "We need more horrible moms" as I walked by the deli section that's right next to us.
    "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

*A round of applause*

GO MAMADRAE!
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
      I swear I heard someone say "We need more horrible moms" as I walked by the deli section that's right next to us.
      If I had been there I would have said it.

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
        Me: Why thank you. I'll remember to tell my son that when he's a good member of society instead of the entitled punk yours will no doubt grow into due to your lack of spine.

That is seriously, just great.

I would never have the balls to ask a stranger for some food out of their cart!! Where do these people come from?

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          I would never have the balls to ask a stranger for some food out of their cart!! Where do these people come from?
          Neither would I. I was shocked that she did, and kept trying!
          Seriously that's just a completely new brand of entitlement whorism there.
          I suppose I should have asked what rock she crawled out of too but oh well.
          "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
            Gorgeous, simply gorgeous!

Next time you get inspiration like that record it for all posterity please?
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Is this for real? I cannot believe some people. I simply CANNOT image... I mean, it's one thing if she just asked you once and then apologized and walked away when you said no.... that would just make her kinda strange, kinda maybe medicated or something.

But then she asked repeatedly and was shocked when you refused? She is completely insane or completely alien. I swear some people aren't human anymore. They just cannot possibly have a human brain and understand human social skills....

Comment

VERY NICE! That was just awesome.

Comment

*round of applause*
                  You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                    If I had been there I would have said it.
                    You and me Both!
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We definitely do need more "horrible moms"
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

You rock hardcore.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
                          Yes we do, and thanks for being one!

That story made my day! Too bad that dingbat won't realize you're right 'til the first time she has to post bail for her precious darling.

Comment

Quoth Grumpy View Post
                            Too bad that dingbat won't realize you're right 'til the first time she has to post bail for her precious darling.
                            Oh, she probably won't realize it even then. I think it'll still be her precious baby against all the 'horrible' people. But we can hope.

And GO MAMADRAE! That was gorgeous!

Comment

I would've been too busy laughing to make the "need more horrible moms" comment.

Go Mamadrae! Had that been me, I would've answered (once the WTF wore off), "Sure, just as soon as you give me a dollar for it."
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X