This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Deer Lady

From what I've been told... There's laws governing the treatment of the wild deer - including feeding them grain.

However these laws didn't stop one woman. She was determined to feed bags of grain to the wild deer on a regular basis, despite receiving a court order to leave them alone. Mom once caught her during winter, pulling over a tree in the local park so her beloved deer could reach the branches. The lady didn't care that she was destroying the ecology of the area, as long as she could feed her deer.

Apparently she didn't think ahead... Her efforts guaranteed an abundance of wild deer, which means hunters get permission to bag more kills.

The courts finally had enough of her antics and ... She was given Community Service at the local food bank, serving the human poor. The meat being served had been donated by local hunters...

Now THAT'S what I call karma!!!!!
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Nice!

(extra text because it's not permissible to simply say "nice" in response to another post, apparently - too short).

Comment

Well, at least her efforts went to helping feed those who really do need help being fed, rather than deer who can forage on their own! I'm sure she meant well, but I do wonder whether she got upset at the hunters, even if it was her actions that led to more hunting. *looks thoughtful... too thoughtful for this early*

Karma, indeed!
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
          Now THAT'S what I call karma!!!!!
          Seconded.

Also: Bambi-Mother steaks = Delicious.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            Seconded.

Also: Bambi-Mother steaks = Delicious.
            Never had steaks, but Bambi-Mother Jerkey = WOW!
            "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

*point and does her best impression of the Nelson laugh from the Simpson*
              HA! HA!

Mmm...deer jerky....
              "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Venison is also one of the healthiest meats, so you can bet those homeless people got some good nutrition that day as well!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Wow, obviously the lady don't understand bait traps. She made it really easy for the hunters in that area.

Don't feed wildlife, you're just killing them quicker.
                  I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Mmmm... venison jerky. My dogs get venison kibble sometimes. It's the primo stuff, and they love it.

Also, getting deer used to humans is just like lighting the fuse to a bomb- bad for the animals, and dangerous for the people- those suckers will kill you with big, nasty, pointy hooves!
                    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Why Bambi's mother? Surely Bambi is much more tender...

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
                        Why Bambi's mother? Surely Bambi is much more tender...
                        In my neck of the woods, at least, it's not legal to hunt Bambi. Bambi's mom and dad, on the other hand . . .

Comment

Bambi is too small to hunt. Go ahead and take down Bambi's parents and then wait a year for Bambi to get bigger, then you'll get plenty of venison.

Comment

I give this judge's decision the BIC Approval Of Judgment.

Comment

Lovely.

Simply lovely.

Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X