Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Outrageous Barbeque Story Continues...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outrageous Barbeque Story Continues...

Okay, remember this place?
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...que#post356212

So clearly, I haven't been back. In fact, the longer I thought about this incident described in the link, the more pissed off I get. Some of my coworkers have been back, some haven't.

Couple weeks after this incident happened, some coworkers went in there and came back disgusted and pissed off. Apparently, they believed that the chicken and the livers, which are fried, had been re-breaded and refried. So they brought it to the attention of the head case that works there in the afternoon, and she said, "That's fresh, I fried it myself this morning." My coworkers picked it apart and swore blind that under the layer of crispy breading, was a layer of limp, stale tasting breading and under that, questionable, rubbery, overcooked chicken.

The talk in the office now is that they are taking old chicken off the buffet and re-frying it, then serving it again.

So it gets better. One of my coworkers says she asked for fresh chicken from the kitchen to replace the gross, inedible chicken she had. (I would have fled like the freaking wind, but that's just me, I guess) So then the idiots running the place stood there and tried to figure out how much to charge her for the new chicken.

All I can say is

Seriously? A customer pays for food, it turns out to be inedible, they request what they paid for in an edible form and they get charged again?

Wow. That's some awesome customer fucking service right there.

So if I understood how one worked, I'd start a "Duke's Barbeque Deathwatch" betting pool around the office. No idea how to start such a thing, but it sounds fun and possibly profitable. I could tack a copy of it on the barbeque joint's door every friday morning, just to get the point across that they've pretty much managed to alienate and gross out my entire department.

My best friend at work always did complain that place smells like old grease. Actually, she's right about that. It does.

I think you may need to complain to some sort of government agency about this. I'm not sure who that might be, but double-charging people for food they already paid for has to be illegal somehow, even if it's just some sort of con.

Comment

Methinks it's time for a complaint to the Health Board. Chicken that has been heated, left to cool and heated again is generally NOT that good...
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Those kind of betting pools are usually set up on a date system, with participants paying a set amount to "buy" a specific date they think the place will be gone on or by. The pot goes to the person who has the next closest date after the place goes under. In case no one wins, you will have to have some way of disbursing the pot, like a random draw or something. Sometimes the person with the latest date gets the cash if the subject survives past that date.

Of course, I just provide this information in the interests of education, and do not mean to promote gambling in any form.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I hate to say this but my dad was responsible for getting one of the local white castle shut down. He went in there on day and they had probadly close to 100 burgers,fries,and other random menu items lined up on the counter. Basically they were all made when they opened.He called state board of health.They went in and found some many violations that they closed the palce down. You know we all bitch about sucky customers but come on.People like these white castle make it hard on all of us hardworking employees that do what we are supposed too.Does anyone want to eat burgers that have sat for hours?

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
            Does anyone want to eat burgers that have sat for hours?
            I'm sure there are plenty of people who would eat sliders that sat out like that.

Not that I would know for certain. The closest White Castle to me is in Kenosha, I think.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

But.. White Castle is so tasty....

The closest one to me is in Nashville, TN.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Things like this happening are why I like living in KC. If a BBQ place annoys enough customers, there is enough competition that the place can and probably will go out of business.
                Last edited by Andrew B.; 08-23-2008, 02:34 AM. Reason: minor change
                Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                  But.. White Castle is so tasty....
                  It's the "aged beef".....
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

There is one within walking distance of my house.

Sometimes I go out for a nice healthy walk and the building grows arms and SNATCHES me off the street and FORCES me to eat 3 sliders.

It's horrible.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                    X