This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive A&W screw-up!

Ok this was told to me today by this cleaner where I work, real cool person by the way.

A few days ago she decided to go to A&W for some food and goes threw the drive-thru. So she makes her order, pays for her food and the women at the window gives her drink and bag. Now when she got the bag from the employee she wasn't really paying attention because she was tired so she put the bag beside her and drove off. Well a little wise home she gets hungry so she grabs the bag and when she looks into the bag, there is no food in the bag. What is in the bag is several thousand dollars!!! so she knew of course she had to take it back. so she drives back and pulls up and taps on the window and this is conversation the ensures. admitatly she's a bit SCish but the worker come off as a bit of a bitch

CC: cool cleaner
    SAWW: Snotty A&W worker

CC: *Taps on the window*

SAWW: Yes

CC: You guys messed up my order

SAWW: No, we did not

CC: Uh...yes you did I need to speak to a manager now

SAWW: Whatever it is I can help you

CC: No, you can't, I need your manager

SAWW: Fine

So the manager comes and CC said to him

CC: Hey can I get my food please and oh by the way here's the money back you gave me insted of my food

The Manager just stood there stunned. she then got her food and left

Me thinks someone got fired over that
    Last edited by Mr. Security; 08-23-2008, 01:01 AM.

Uh... What? Cash? Really?

... Methinks I should go there.

Comment

..How does a restaurant have that much money not in the safe?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

So what did she order? I want to try the same thing at my local A&W and see if they give me cash also.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          ..How does a restaurant have that much money not in the safe?
          Daily deposit from the day before wrapped in a plain bag to avoid drawing attention? Add that with them being idiotic not to put it in a locked security bag first, and there you go!
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

When I was night manager at a Texas pancake restaurant (ca. 1972) I used to make deposits every Monday morning of between $10- $15,000.00.
            I always carried it in a regular to-go bag, through some of the worst parts of San Antonio, without a worry.
            (I also thought, every week, about heading straight for Mexico... in those days that was serious coinage)
            Last edited by StanFlouride; 08-23-2008, 07:22 AM. Reason: clarity
            "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
            -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Hmmm - anyone think it would be an easy way to give the company's takings to an accomplice who ordered just the right thing, or do I just have a criminal mind?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                Hmmm - anyone think it would be an easy way to give the company's takings to an accomplice who ordered just the right thing, or do I just have a criminal mind?

Rapscallion
                It wouldn't kill people to think like a thief some of the time. I do it constantly.
                Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  It wouldn't kill people to think like a thief some of the time. I do it constantly.
                  Same here... mostly, because my mind works in multiple angles at once... I see the way the average person would see a situation, but my mind's already looking at clues, turning things over and over in my head. I don't act on the criminal thought side, but it is there.
                  I think I can prove this by quoting one of my group partners from when we read Young Goodman Brown in English in college (It was a tech college, that's why we were in groups). One of my partners asked me what my interpretation of the story was, and I went on for about five minutes explaining how I thought perhaps that Brown was dreaming, and saw his neighbors as sinners, I didn't think he took a trip through the forest to actually meet the devil... blah, blah, blah. Both of my partners stopped to look at me, and one of them said, "Man, you really got more out of the story than we did." And then, I hear the teacher say, "Well, sounds like some of you guys got the idea behind the story," from the front of the classroom.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
                    That was my first through after reading the OP. It reminds me of how back in the 90's if you went to a certain 24hr. fast food place and gave a certain order you could get weed.
                    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Hmm, I think your friend should have called the cops first. I also wonder about the the employee being an accomplice in theft. Besides, even if nobody had ill intentions, a call to the police wouldn't be as easily swept under the rug and heads would roll for such stupidity. I have to wonder if the general manager even heard about this "little" hiccup.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Same here... mostly, because my mind works in multiple angles at once... I see the way the average person would see a situation, but my mind's already looking at clues, turning things over and over in my head. I don't act on the criminal thought side, but it is there.
                        Yeah, my friends and I do that. He was at work one day, and they brought up the Oklahoma bombing. Someone said how awful it was, and my friend agrees and start telling them how it could have been much more efficient if they had armored the one side of the truck to direct the blast.... he is a chem major, and a bit absentminded at times.

Comment

if you went to a certain 24hr. fast food place and gave a certain order you could get weed.
                          which would suck if you really did want that food order and not the "herbal supplements"

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
                            Someone said how awful it was, and my friend agrees and start telling them how it could have been much more efficient if they had armored the one side of the truck to direct the blast.... he is a chem major, and a bit absentminded at times.
                            Well, that'd be a Guinness record for Worlds Biggest Shaped Charge, eh? Just demonstrates an extreme case of why you never want to piss of a chemist, engineer, geek, or anyone else that knows mojo you can only guess at.
                            Last edited by JustADude; 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM.
                            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Now that's what I call a Happy Meal!
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X