This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my way or the SC highway

There's this awesome restaurant near UB that I adore. It's small, healthy menu, the best music ever, PERFECT staff. I've never had any problem whatsoever with anything there, ever. I convinced my boyfriend to take me there today; normally he dislikes waiting so long for food. Since it's small, you usually have to wait a long time to get a table. Deal is that you stand at the door, wait for a server to seat you. If they don't have a table open, they seat you at the counter until a table is available. The exceptions to this are if you request a counter seat or if you're by yourself. The tables are so hard to get that it's just not worth putting a one-top there when you can put 2 or 4.
    So we go, I try out a new sandwich(surprise, surprise, it's the new Best Thing Ever), we're having a nice time outside, nom nom nom. Then I hear yelling. The door flies open and this woman is screaming obscenities over her shoulder as she marches out. I near one of the waitresses reply "Yeah, yeah, you're an asshole, whatever.". Being as this is the nicest staff I've ever seen, I'm curious as to what set this woman off. The waitress comes up to refill my coffee, and I ask her. She apologizes that we had to hear it. Turns out the woman came in, walked past the line of customer waiting at the door, and sat herself. One of the other waitresses told her she would have to A. wait her turn, and B. sit at the counter as per previously stated rule. Woman protests. Our server tries to calm her down and come up with a compromise. Woman FLIPS OUT. Screaming, stompity stomp stomp.
    We ended up tipping her about 30%, poor lady. I hope her day turned out better. I did tell her about the website... hopefully she'll show up!
    "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
    "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
    X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Oh, sounds like a fun place to me!

We have a resturant near us that is similar called The House of Pie. It has great desserts. The food is okay, but the desserts is what you go there for.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

My neighborhood café recently was purchased and the new owners put a lot of effort into upgrading the atmosphere and menu with the result that it is now swamped pretty much all the time.
      I keep encouraging them to be rude, serve lousy food, and not clean as often, in hopes that it will go back to being my quiet little neighborhood coffee joint but they won't take my advice.
      "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
      -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

I'm glad they threw her out. You really think she'd even tip and act like a human being and NOT disrupt OTHER people that are being civilized???

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          We have a resturant near us that is similar called The House of Pie. It has great desserts. The food is okay, but the desserts is what you go there for.
          Holy crap, I used to go there all the time when I was in Houston for College! I would go there at 2am for some awesome-nummy burgers and mmm.. I miss the place.

Back on-topic

I think that people who act like the SC did in the OP just should be made to wait in line longer. They really piss me off when I see EWs like that, yay that you tipped to give her a better day! I try to, too.
          Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

EDIT: Whups, double posted. No fardling clue how that happend, I think I've not slept enough. *shifty eyes*
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
            X