This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banking Fun

This one happened this morning at the bank when I was making the deposit for my store.

Man comes in to pay for multiple credit cards but only brings one check to pay for them all. He doesn't have a savings or checking account with this bank, just credit cards.

SM=Sucky Man or Stupid Man (take your pick)
    BR=Bank Rep.
    Any thoughts will be in parenthesis.

BR: I'm sorry sir but we cannot process one check for different cards. We would need one check for each card.
    SM: What do you mean? I don't have another check, I only have one.
    BR: I understand that sir but we cannot take one check and split it into different payments for different cards.
    SM: Well I do it all the time at the other banks.
    BR: Yes sir, but that's not the case here.
    SM: Well that's just stupid. What am I supposed to do? If I don't get these paid now they'll be late! (and who's fault is that?)
    BR: I'm sorry sir, but there's nothing that I can do about that.
    SM: Well that's just stupid. I've done it at all the other banks!!

As this exchange is going on I'm silently cracking up and the poor teller who was helping me was trying not to bust out laughing because of me. I felt like calling the Waaaaaambulance for this guy. I was smiling the whole way back to my store.
    If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Who lets these people out?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Okay sir, do you suggest we tear your check into 4 different pieces?

Seriously, if 'the other bank can do it' go there. But you can't go there. They don't exist.

Comment

Okay, I don't get it; where's the problem? It's a bank; supposedly, they have cash. So, why not cash the check, split the sum, and apply it to the credit cards?
        You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

presumably he didn't make the check out that way.
          "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
            Okay, I don't get it; where's the problem? It's a bank; supposedly, they have cash. So, why not cash the check, split the sum, and apply it to the credit cards?
            Because the guy did not have an account with the bank so why should they cash the check for him (I don't know of a single bank that would cash a check for a non customer). The Credit Cards while they have the bank's name on them are most likely actually a completely different lineage that is considered a seperate company then the bank itself. For example You have Wells Fargo Bank, Wells Fargo Mortgage Company, and Wells Fargo Financial (high interest loans for those of us with shitty credit). THey all have the name wells fago, but they are for all intents and purposes, separate companys, the bank only collects the payments as a courtesy so to speak.

Please note the above is only a theory, I don't know this for a fact and I could very well be full of shit.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

He probably filled out the check already. They probably have to have the check filled out a certain way for each card.(probably print acct # in memo field ?)
              I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Buddy should have just gone back to his own bank, taken out the cash, and then come back wtih cash if he wanted to do it that way *sigh*.
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                X