This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great mom

Last night on the streetcar I overheard a conversation between a mom and her daughter, who looked to be about five or six.

Th daughter asked her mother if tomorrow they could go to the park for a walk and possibly visit the splash pad.
    Her mother's response?
    "I'm a very busy person and I don't have time to be taking you to parks and splash pads."

She emphasized "splash pads" like the notion of taking a five-year-old to a mini water park was unheard of.

Later during the trip the girl asked her mother again if she could visit a friend of hers in a couple of days.
    Mom's response:
    "You know damn well I have a joooob and when I'm actually working you're to stay in the house with daddy and not go anywhere. You know this already, don't ask foolish questions."
    Double !!

The words she emphasized this time made it sound like she was ragging on the five-year-old for not having a job of her own.

Later their stop came up and I got a glimpse of mom and daughter (I initially didn't notice them when I got on and didn't turn to look at them when they were speaking).

The mother was the epitome of white trash and the daughter was the cutest, most innocent looking thing you could ever imagine, twirling in her dress while they waited for their stop.

I feel truly terrible for that little girl.

I wonder why "daddy" can't take the little girl somewhere.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      I wonder why "daddy" can't take the little girl somewhere.
      Maybe "daddy'" is a TV, it seems to be the case with a lot of sucky parents.

Comment

Sadly such parents aren't limited to the trashy. My stepmother was like that and she always dressed nice. Granted she got said nice clothes and jewelry via the social security sent for me and my 3 brothers since our mom died. It was about 2000 for us all I think. She once stated in hearing range of us all that the 4 checks were her paychecks for dealing with all of us.

Such parents need to be flogged until moral improves.
        "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
          Maybe "daddy'" is a TV, it seems to be the case with a lot of sucky parents.
          Maybe "daddy" is a drunk.
          And not the good kind of drunk like Jester.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
          X