Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Church of Starbucks....and a small self sighting, I think...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
    All of the Starbucks around here have a sign that says "If your drink isn't perfect every time, let us know". I wondered what kind of suck that would generate. Now I know.
    That was the worst decision corporate ever made. I worked there on and off for a long time while I was in school and when I started they didn't have that posted. But it was always a given that a customer who didn't like their drink could get a new one, and stores were always supposed to be very accommodating about it. And I always thought it worked out ok. This also gave us leeway to deal with the truly scamming/utterly absurd customers.

Now it's a license for every jerk out there to just scam them like crazy or indulge every picky and obnoxious whim possible. And they do. Frequently. And then when sales are compared to inventory, corporate gets mad and wonders where all the loss comes from... *sigh*

Comment

I suddenly realize I am clueless about espresso.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if that stupid policy is the reason why my dad had to spend $8-12 for coffee there..... you're not paying for one drink - you're paying for the people that cause tons of waste.

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
          they carry the cups with the starbucks symbols out(as to make sure its seen.)
          I get Starbucks once in a while on my way to work. I only drink hot chocolate (or the occasional strawberry frap) and I try to keep it to once a week (usually a Friday treat). If the logo on my cup is facing out it's either just happenstance or I'm trying to read the quote on the back of the cup.

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          I suddenly realize I am clueless about espresso.
          Me too. Two years in a B&N with a cafe and I managed never to be trained. Woo-hoo! Of course, they have a machine that does all the work for them so it doesn't really matter. They stick a cup under the spout and press a button.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

as a former employee of the big green apron, i can tell you that most of the changes made are for the worse, from an employee's standpoint; they open the door for further abuse and stress than ever before.

i honestly think that all the geniuses in the seattle hq 'think tank' need to be the ones on site working behind the bar when these ideas are implemented, so they can actually understand just how badly some of their lower end employees (although they claim we're all 'partners,' we're definitely not equal) get treated.

i've lost count how many people have screamed at me for the most absurd reasons known, and how, as time went by, my attitude for the job/motivation plummeted.

i worked there for over four years, and the last few months were by far, the worst ones ever.

i feel for anyone still slaving away for them.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post

i honestly think that all the geniuses in the seattle hq 'think tank' need to be the ones on site working behind the bar when these ideas are implemented, so they can actually understand just how badly some of their lower end employees (although they claim we're all 'partners,' we're definitely not equal) get treated.
              That could be said for a lot of places.
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
              X