Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Judge not lest ye be judged" is often a good way to get them off your back, even if it's something of a misquote.

Still, the next person who comes up to me (which hasn't happened since I switched departments at work) will be firmly told that there is no soliciting or distribution of literature allowed on this property and to cease and desist. Along with "judge not lest ye be judged."
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      "Judge not lest ye be judged" is often a good way to get them off your back, even if it's something of a misquote.
      If people show up at your door announcing they're here to judge you, maybe.

If they're just asking if you wanna hear something, where does that quote have any context? I'm confused.
      "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

I've studied many variations of Paganism for almost 12 years, but consider myself agnostic atheist, and I know it's terrible, but when Mormons (or any sort of door-to-door solicitor for that matter) come to my door, I usually say something along the lines of: "Let me ask the four corners what they think of the Mormons..." and start doing some kind of made-up chant. They usually get the hint.

As far as other forms of solicitation, I usually tell them that it's illegal to solicit on the grounds of my apartment complex, while pretending to dial the police on my cell phone. Hahahaha... BYE!

I don't buy from those kids who "have to sell so many candy bars in order to go to basketball/soccer/football/theater/space camp" anymore, since my last batch of Kit-Kats was all melted.
        I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

These threads never end well.

I had my concerns when I first read the title.

It seems people just can't stick to the topic of the suckiness of being held up from daily activities to listen to someone share heir faith, and much prefer to bash and discuss the doctrines of the faith that are being presented.

Just a reminder that we have a report button for a reason if people don't like the content of a post.

Arguments and religious discussions are for fratching.

Since some people have trouble finding the report button, and I can only predict more of the same, this one's being closed.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
          X