X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are too CLOSE!

two sightings

One was yesterday, was standing in line at the self checkouts I move to stand behind my friend as I was just going to use that scanner when she was done. For some reason this old man decided that he was going to come stand behind me. and I mean almost on TOP of me behind me. I was wearing my gym clothes (knee length shorts and a t-shirt) and he was STARING at my legs and bottom

So I moved forward. So did he. Another self check out became free and I practically RAN for it. Fortunately he didn't follow but he kept STARING at me. Creepy style, heavy breathing creepy style Was so glad to get out of there!

Next just happened. Waiting in another line, guy comes up breathing heavily and is practically ontop of me. I move, he moves, I move again, he moves. I get waved over to one of the stands and I breath a sigh of relief!

ICKY POOPS! I hate when this happens!
    I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

on behalf of the male population, I apologize. I also, kindly request that the next time it occurs, you turn around and slap whoever it is.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Try the old embarrasment trick. Next time, step back, and in a loud voice announce "No, I will NOT sleep with you and your cousin! Ewww!!!"

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
        on behalf of the male population, I apologize. I also, kindly request that the next time it occurs, you turn around and slap whoever it is.
        Seconded, seriously. Or at least give them the ol' hairy eyeball and an indignant "Do you MIND?!" with an I-will-slap-the-taste-out-of-your-mouth expression. It's all about what cops call Command Presence. Victim behavior attracts predators (and those perverts are a type of predator), while a self-confident, self-assured attitude will deter them because you're likely to make too much trouble.
        Last edited by JustADude; 09-03-2008, 10:02 AM.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

No no no, what you do is, rotate your body 90 degrees, cock your hip that is facing the perv, put your hand on your hip and..
          Oh dear, did I just elbow you in the solar plexus sir? I'm SOOOOOO sorry
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

While creepy ... I fail to see where she said the old man was touching her.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              While creepy ... I fail to see where she said the old man was touching her.
              Can you honestly tell me someone getting all up inside your personal space... in essence playing the "I'm not touching you" game... is any less creepy and annoying?
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Next time that happens, do this. Pretend you are unaware of the guy. Shift casually on your feet, the way bored people do. Move forward a step. The guy will close the gap. Do it again. Keep doing it till he gets into the rhythm and can predict your movement.

Then, fake forward and step BACK. He'll be moving forward and you will slam into him. Put a little shoulder into it so you hit him hard. Use an elbow, if you are so inclined.

Or, you could simply grab his wrist suddenly, wrench it over your head, and yell "Hey anyone lose this, I found it on my ass!" You have to do this fast, before he can react to being grabbed.

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                  When things like this have happened to me, I've used my OUTSIDE voice and told the person that they to GET OFF OF ME and STOP RUBBING UP AGAINST ME because I will NOT HESITATE TO CALL THE POLICE IF THEY KEEP TOUCHING ME INAPPROPRIATELY.
                  This is my usual tactic, as well. My voice is normally kinda low, but I can get LOUD if need be. This works well if there are any single men in the vicinity, as they will often be eager to 'come to the rescue'. I've had random men in line behind us threaten the creep with serious bodily harm before.

And yes, afterward, I got a phone number.
                  Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I have, on more than one occasion, been confronted about "staring" at a woman in a grocery store line... I have a tendency to space out, and honestly didn't even realize that there was anyone in my line of sight.

One time, it was the girl's SO that threatened to "beat my ass," and another time the girl took my 'staring' as complimentary, asking me if I wanted to go to a party with her that evening. I guess people interpret things however they want to.

I do, however, respect personal space, and try to give everyone at least an arm's length... which is more than I can say for both of the skanky bar-bimbos who both manged to touch my ass (with their hands) as they passed by me the other night at one of the local watering holes.
                    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Do what I do. I have two....admirerers at work. And they are NOT stealth about staring at me. I walk down the hall from the bathroom and one of them stops working and watches me until I can't see him anymore. On occasion I've stopped, acted like I was going to pull my pant leg out of my shoe or fix my nametag, but I've stuck my finger up my nose. He doesn't drop his work and stare anymore.

This other guy..he's just a freak. Just SCARY. Once he walked past where I was working by the window 15 times in one hour. He actually was not working, wandering the halls, just to keep walking past me (before anyone jumps on me, I know what department he works in, on the other side of the building, he had no business being over where I was). It only took one time of hissing at him when we were in the hall together to get him to totally avoid me if I'm out in the hall. He still walks by and stares if I'm by the window. Sigh.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                        Or, you could simply grab his wrist suddenly, wrench it over your head, and yell "Hey anyone lose this, I found it on my ass!"
                        Yep. Gotta try that one.

Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                          Try the old embarrasment trick. Next time, step back, and in a loud voice announce "No, I will NOT sleep with you and your cousin! Ewww!!!"
                          Or how about: "If you stand any closer, you'll need a condom!"

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Or, you could simply grab his wrist suddenly, wrench it over your head, and yell "Hey anyone lose this, I found it on my ass!" You have to do this fast, before he can react to being grabbed.
                            Love that idea (just be careful, the wrist is the easiest joint to break on the human body).
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Well, you know, I guess thenthat the various perverts need to stay out of people's personal spaces. They never know when the broad in front of them has a vicious streak.

Comment

Working...
                              X