X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Igorina View Post
    "Tentacles. N-T. Very important"

Cookies for the quote.
    I believe that would be Better Off Dead with John Cusak... Do I gets a tasty cookie now?

Comment

Oh people are stupid.Usually the people that say things like that woman are the ones beating and molesting children. But remember you're the bad one for letting him have that doll. Tell people like that bitch to mind her own business.

Comment

What I have to say about D&D and the idiots that say it's Satanic, serial killers play it, etc., etc. is best left to Fratching, the main web page as I haven't written about this subject ... yet

I haven't seen Cute-thulu, but now I want to!

My daughter has confiscated her father's stuffed Chuthulu. She used to use it as a chew toy (when she was teething ). But she does sometimes sleep with it now.

Comment

lotr is demonic? next thing even Narnia will be from the Debil too

i don't know if cute-thulu really exists. i think i just saw it in a comic once...

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
            Oh people are stupid.Usually the people that say things like that woman are the ones beating and molesting children. But remember you're the bad one for letting him have that doll. Tell people like that bitch to mind her own business.
            Well, that's a little general and judgmental, don't you think? Not all Christians or hard core bible thumpers beat their children or molest them, and not everyone who beats their child or molests kids is a fundie or Christian.

Some of the comments in this thread so far have come a little close to fratching territory.
            It's such a fine line when the subject touches on religious beliefs.

Let's stick to discussing this one sucky customer in particular, and her reaction to the doll, maybe, and leave the rest of the fundies and Christians alone.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              next thing even Narnia will be from the Debil too
              I believe I've heard that.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

What a total Asshat that woman is.. seriously! *sigh* I personally think it would be kick arse to have a Flying Spaghetti Monster Plush Toy.. Must look into that!

Though whenever I tell people about his noodlely goodness I get a couple of reactions, from laughter, awe, eye rolling, anger, ranting and occasionally frothing at the mouth... which is sad!

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  To say nothing of Harry Potter. Some people - who I have fortunately never met in person - have this fixation that anything to do with "magic" is automatically devil-worship and should be banned on those grounds.
                  And yet the Spiderwick Chronicles, which, from seeing the movie, is/are significantly closer to actual supernatural lore, got totally ignored because they didn't use the 'M' word or the 'W' word.

That, and I never would've picked up Harry Potter if my mother hadn't been curious about what all the fuss was about and picked up a copy of Sorcerer's Stone.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                    She also thinks Lord of the Rings is demonic, though...
                    Just tell her that the writer of LotR is a devout catholic. My mother thought this too, until she actually read the books (she borrowed mine). Now she an LotR geek, she can quote stuff from minor characters....

Unfortunately my father is still like this, everything is demonic if involves demons/devils/gods/etc... When he brings up my D&D playing, I bring up his movie watching. No difference in paying someone else to play "evil" than you playing "evil".
                    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

You know...people say magic is either nonexistant or evil...where the heck do the miracles come from then eh? The white horse with the black roman on it?

What I truely boggle at is the need to shove this at everyone. Seriously how many people have converted to whatever really via force? Does that even count when your just going through the motions in order to not deal with people's whining.

However, this is not ranting time. I do however wish these people would keep their views to their protests on the town's Protest Corner and in their bible study groups. Instead of snipping them at innocent shoppers.
                      "It's not what your doing so much as the idiotic way your doing it." Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7.

Comment

I still remember all the crap I used to get as *gasp!* a Marilyn Manson fan. Yup, there really are people who believe all the hype and I was a fan back when it wasn't very common to be one. I remember this crazy old lady ranting at me in the street, all cuz I was wearing a Manson t-shirt with "I love drugs" on the front. I just couldn't stop laughing at the stuff she was coming up with.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Amazing how many people because they don't understand something or like it just spout off that you are going to hell because of it. Instead of trying to actually educate themselves on the subject before making comments or just keeping their traps shut they have to spout off their views. I've gotten to where I just look at them and say, "Yes I am going to hell, in fact I am driving the Express Bus down there, and according to my preboarding sheet you have a seat all ready reserved on my bus."
                          To date I have never had anyone respond to me after that.

Comment

Reminds me of a time when Catherine and I were discussing something a bit taboo in a less-than-appealing manner. She came up with something that she said was just too horrible to say. My response was "Well, we're already going to hell, we might as well get good seats."

That toy is excessively creepy, and I wouldn't give it to my nieces or nephew because of that, but I don't think you're going to hell or even a bad parent because you did. (I figure if Aunt Mysty is freaked out by their toy, the kids might come up with their own negative thoughts for it, hence.)
                            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

My fave pic:

http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
                              Melody Gardot

Comment

Working...
                              X