This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calendar Sighting

My best buddy bought me a "365 Stupidest Things Ever Said" calendar last year. Today's stupid phrase is something I'm sure dozens of us have gone through.

Customer: (placing carton of soda on counter) I have five more in my cart.
    Cashier: You have six total then?
    Customer: No...I have this one and five more in the cart.
    Cashier: For a total of six? Five in the cart and one here?

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think my brain just ran across the street to the Greyhound station.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That is AWESOME - but I can see that going on for hours ! and now my brain hurts *owie*

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
        Customer: (placing carton of soda on counter) I have five more in my cart.
        Cashier: You have six total then?
        You know the phrase "Six of one; half-dozen of the other"? Don't say that around that customer--you'll just end up in an argument!
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

And to think that some people want to look at store associates/employees like THEY'RE stupid. Basic math or comprehension seems to elude these people. I had a lady who wanted to buy a set of 20 plates(which are sold separately however), but for not a lot of money. I pointed and showed her our cheapest, $4.48 per plate. "Oh, I don't want to spend that much" "Sorry then "

She then points to a plate. Five dollars a piece. "What about this? this is a good price!!" I explained it was more expensive. She must have not heard me or cared. We didn't have enough of that one anyways.

Five minutes later she asks another associate about a cheap plate. She recommends the same one I did. Customer now says "Wow, that's cheaper!" and bought the 20 from her. This happens EVERY DAY with customers. I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
          X